McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in Ireland since 1977 and the business is growing continuously with over 90 restaurants and over 4,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a consistent record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its commitment to being a modern and progressive company. Every year it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team for one of the largest brands in the world. In a nut shell, you will partner with senior leadership teams across the business, to facilitate the execution of their people strategy, building and implementing solutions, and coaching the teams to be the most effective leaders they can be. At McDonald’s the role of the People Partner is fundamental to our business success and through close partnering with business’ leaders and their teams, you will become exposed to insight that will allows you to champion our people to have more impact and success to achieve against their progressive strategies.
This role is perfect for an experienced and creative People Partner who loves working in a people first culture, where our people are truly front and centre of our business growth and evolution!
Which team will I be a part of?
- The role will be based in London, and you will provide people partnership to Corporate departments (spanning across our regional offices)
- The Talent Acquisition Partner for the areas you partner will report into you
What will my key accountabilities be?
- Partner and consult with leadership teams and key stakeholders to help build organisation and people capability to meet the organisation’s needs. Helping to resolve strategic business issues, promoting a performance led organisation and embedding the values.
- Act as a trusted advisor, to coach, develop and challenge leadership teams on all people related matters, providing strategic direction and insight in order to achieve optimum people performance. Utilising data insights to determine the right solution.
- Influence recommendations covering multiple areas to shape and implement effective people strategies and activities within the organisation and locally within their client areas.
- Delivery of a comprehensive, commercially focussed HR service.
- Work collaboratively with centre of excellences within the broader People function (e.g. Talent, Reward, People Relations, L&D) to provide consultancy and advice within the business.
- Manage high-level employee relations, working at a strategic and operational level to resolve complex issues and address grievances
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the People Services Helpdesk to assist with build a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver for future growth.
- Coach progressive, customer centric talent acquisition partners that deliver an exceptional candidate and manager experience whilst being commercially minded.
- HR experience in a strategic HRBP role in a global brand
- Strong business acumen- understand the business, its strategy, its purpose, its culture and be able to have meaningful conversations about those areas
- Relationships- be able to build and facilitate relationships across the organisation that are based on trust and are productive for all stakeholders
- High personal standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to coach effectively at senior leadership level
- Understanding and accurately applying current UK employment law, with a strong experience in resolving employee relations issues
- Creative and courageous to pose an alternative view to the business and leadership, even when it might not be the most popular action - we crave a diverse perspective!
- Passionate about ensuring we provide an inclusive culture to our people
- Some experience in organisational design would be preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Analytical with the ability to balance the strategic initiatives with HR BAU
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4207E_743999879125331
- Human Resources