Paralegal- Restaurant Development
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Come grow with McDonald’s Restaurant Development Legal Team! We are a group of real estate legal professionals on the lookout for a talented Paralegal to join us in building new McDonald’s restaurants to feed and foster communities across the U.S. If you're experienced in commercial real estate and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and work independently, this is your opportunity to unleash your creativity, tackle complex legal issues and make an impact to shape McDonald’s future.
Paralegals on the Restaurant Development Legal Team:
- Review title and survey, expertly tackling and resolving title issues and collaborating with title companies to obtain title insurance coverage
- Analyze contracts, leases, easements, restrictive covenants, declarations, and other legal documents
- Draft transactional documents such as escrow instructions, estoppel certificates, deeds, easements, memorandum of leases, restrictive covenants and non-disturbance agreements
- Manage purchase and lease transactions by gathering transactional documents, coordinating closings and overseeing recording of documents
- Are intellectually curious and motivated to grow their expertise under the coaching and supervision of our experienced Senior Counsel and Senior Paralegal team
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent education
- 1+ year(s) of experience in commercial real estate, preferably in a legal assistant or paralegal position
- Work well individually and also as part of a team and demonstrate reliability, strong work-ethic, collaboration, and cooperation with team
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.