McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
To provide leadership, coaching, and direction to their patch through people development and improved restaurant operations, to maximize the long-term sales and profit of each restaurant. Provides leadership, coaching and strategic direction to their restaurant teams to deliver outstanding Quality/Service/Cleanliness (QSC) and customer experience. Consistently demonstrates McDonald's values and leadership behaviors to build positive business relationships with key customers including the Operations Manager, Restaurant Leadership Team, Crew and Customers. This job will work directly with McDonald’s company-owned restaurants also known as "McOpCo".
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champions the McDonald's People Promise by personally demonstrating, reinforcing, and following up on the people drivers to gain commitment from management and crew:
- Respect and recognition (e.g., reward and recognition programs)
- Resources to get the job done (e.g., crew and manager schedules, uniforms, crew room, equipment to get job done)
- Values and Leadership behaviors (e.g., adherence to policies and procedures, crew and manager communications, act on issues raised by crew and managers appropriately, lives up to the Speak Up Culture, drives employee commitment surveys and action plans)
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (e.g., communication and execution of wage and review program for crew and managers and ensures performance reviews process)
- Learning, development, and personal growth (e.g., crew orientation, crew training through CDP/Campus, and management training & development through -BEST Performance Motivation)
- Ensures that all restaurants in patch are adequately staffed (through quality hiring and retention) to maximize sales potential by utilizing McHire and appropriate tools and resources.
- Collaborates with Operations Manager and General Managers to ensure that individual performance targets are established (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound), performance reviews are conducted on-time and communicated one-on-one, Performance Improvement Plans are implemented (as needed), and performance results are measured and discussed.
- Involved in the recruiting, interviewing, and selecting of all managers based on patch and business center staffing needs and goals and diversity staffing objectives.
- Knows and educates restaurant management on all appropriate HR policies, applicable laws, security and safety procedures and ensures compliance at the restaurant level.
- Partners with Training and HR staff to build capability to deliver on the People Promise in the restaurants to achieve desired business results.
- Chooses the appropriate consulting approach (e.g., directive, supportive, coaching, collaborative) based on the level of performance of each restaurant.
- Protects the McDonalds brand by ensuring that restaurants meet McDonald's QSC operational standards, food safety standards, and applicable laws.
- Demonstrates Customer-First Service by consistently observing restaurant operations, troubleshooting shift management, taking on-the-spot corrective actions, and recognizing successes.
- Proactively teaches and coaches restaurant managers and restaurant leadership teams to execute the 9 restaurant systems (QSC Play book/PACE) that produce consistently high levels of QSC.
- Partners with PACE Subject Matter Expert (e.g., Operations Associates, Learning Consultants,) to conduct PACE visits and develops action plans to address systems targeted for improvement.
- Responsible for the execution of the action plan in each restaurant to ensure that systems are improved and targeted results are achieved.
- Ensures that restaurants properly execute Local Store Marketing (LSM), national and Business Unit promotions and the execution of new products and processes.
- Collaborates with the Operations Manager to develop the annual business plan for the Business Center.
- Uses all information resources available (e.g. Restaurant data, PACE, VOICE, 800-number, Bottom-Line commitment, QCR, Operations Report, P&L) to identify opportunities and threats to optimizing restaurant potential and adjusts business plan tactics accordingly.
- Consults and is accountable for creating a positive work environment while working shoulder-to-shoulder with restaurant managers and restaurant leadership team to accomplish business results (increased customer counts, increased sales, and increased profits).
- Completes various audits to ensure that their restaurants meet McDonald's standard practices and procedures (e.g., cash, security).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Field Operations experience
- Proven project management implementation skills
- Strong people/relationship management skills
- Proven experience influencing and obtaining great results through others
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.