Office Senior Network Architect
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the Office Network Product Director and working closely with the entire Global Technology Operations and Infrastructure (GTIO) team, our global markets and partners, the Office Senior Network Architect will manage the strategic direction and technical evolution of the Office Network Product delivered globally to markets, corporate offices and partner locations.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network Architect to help shape the strategy and transform the global network for the entire McDonald’s environment.
- Lead the network architecture activities for the Office Network Product, including the platforms:
- SD-WAN (e.g., Cisco SD-WAN)
- Network Connectivity and Transport (e.g., MPLS, Internet and private/public fibers and rings)
- Zero Trust
- Identity and Access Control Policy Platform (e.g., ISE)
- Cloud-managed and On-Prem LAN and WLAN (e.g., Cisco and Meraki)
- Support the development and evolution of network platform lifecycle roadmaps to deliver supportable, relevant platforms with enhancements, innovation and performance improvements aligned to business outcomes
- Stay current with the very latest knowledge of the market across the office network product through market assessments, trend analysis, vendor seminars and peer relationships
- Partner with internal application stakeholders, solutions architects, network Product/Platform managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network platforms to meet the needs of the business
- Define, document and communicate network standards, best practices and blueprints for the Office Network Product for market and corporate customers
- Technical assurance and validation for complex and high-risk changes
- Lead technical assessments and support vendor selection to develop and deploy cutting edge platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology
- Seek network platform integration and automation opportunities, working with Office Network Product Managers and the Office Network Platform Manger for insights and operational feedback
- Technical governance and validation of Standard Operating Procedures and Knowledge articles to drive quality and operational performance improvements
- Create and maintain strong relationships with corporate and market teams to ensure strong and effective engagement in technology discussions
- Gain an understanding of the varied market (country) architecture and support network standardization efforts
- Participate in Architecture Review Boards for Enterprise Architecture alignment, representing Global Network Infrastructure and Operations
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict.
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Ability to conduct research into issues, solutions, products and evaluate emerging technologies, translating them into roadmaps and leadership presentation materials.
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business friendly language.
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence multiple parties towards common goals.
- Highly collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep many engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Naturally elevates others and creates a culture of belonging through engaging high-performing teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Architect role gained in multi-cultural, large global organizations
- 5+ years’ experience deploying, supporting and managing core enterprise networks in the following technical network background areas: Cisco Routing & Switching, Cisco Viptela SD-WAN, VPN, MPLS, Cisco on-premise LAN & WLAN, Meraki LAN & WLAN
- 2+ years of experience working and collaboration in globally dispersed team.
- Strong experience in overall Infrastructure and Operations including (Network, Service Management, Engineering).
- Experienced with automation tools and platforms, Ansible preferred.
- Experienced with observability and monitoring tools: SolarWinds, Live Action, etc.
- Experience working with an Agile environment with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, Backlogs, Sprints and written Stories and deliverables. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience is required.
- CCIE/CCNP/CCDP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Scrum PAL-E and/or PSPO certification are advantageous.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes are advantageous
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.