National Reinvestment Consultant
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: National Reinvestment Consultant Department: Restaurant Development
Location: Toronto, Burnaby or Dorval
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant (Global Grade 3)
Reports to: National Director Strategy & Innovation, Restaurant Development
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Reinvestment Consultant will support the ongoing National Reimage program for Traditional and SPOD restaurants. This individual will work directly with Owner Operators, Field Service, external Design consultants and other stakeholders. Primary responsibilities also include to initiate, plan and design McDonald’s capacity improvement and interior/exterior reimage projects.
Who You Are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
- Re-image and capacity improvement project initiation including working with field service and franchisees/McOpCo to identify capacity opportunities and track restaurant reimage due dates for reinvestment projects.
- Document and review detailed scopes of work for reimage projects including budget development.
- Control design process with external consultants to meet national design standards for kitchen equipment, interior decor, site plan, and exterior elevations.
- Issue, review, and approve purchase orders for design and consulting services.
- Communicate regular and timely updates with all project stakeholders on schedule, budget and scope.
- Collaborate with franchisees, national operations, technology, national design and other SME’s on design standard development and field implementation
- Coordinate review of national design standard exception requests with field service and national operations
- Manage external consultants to complete permitting processes for municipal, regional, planning, sign, and building approvals and track critical dates.
- Coordinate landlord approvals and lease term reviews with Asset Management
- Conduct One&Done design reviews with franchisees to achieve optimal design and cost results while maintaining McDonald’s National and Global design standards.
- Continuously analyze and monitor estimated cost data for relevant scopes of work.
- Effectively transfer projects from design and permitting phase to execution phase while building strong partnership with Area Construction Manager and others.
- Report on 10/20 year reinvestment cycle and planning.
- Maintain project records in the Restaurant Development Database and other systems including filing critical design and construction documents
- Other initiatives and tasks as may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience with McDonald’s (or other QSR) operations, demonstrating expert knowledge of operations procedures and key restaurant performance metrics.
- Detailed knowledge of McDonald’s kitchen and restaurant equipment
- Exceptional communication skills specific to McDonald’s franchise and corporate organization.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate numerous projects at any given time.
- Ability to collaborate with numerous stakeholders and demonstrate the OneTeam approach.
- Computer skills specific to excel spreadsheet management, SmartSheet, AutoCAD/BlueBeam or other graphic software would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of project management, design and construction processes.
- Interest in design principles, equipment and material specifications, and the built environment.
- Ability to travel to regions within Canada may be required.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4100O_743999870322063