National Real Estate Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
McDonald’s has big plans to grow faster, meet customer expectations, and make our brand even stronger through new restaurant development. By doubling down on our growth pillar of Restaurant Development, we are committed to leveraging our position of strength to grow the number of McDonald’s restaurants across the U.S.
That’s why, as we lay the foundation for continued long-term growth and rapidly accelerate the development of new restaurants, we are looking to add strong and dynamic team members to our US Restaurant Development team.
The National Real Estate Manager is a dealmaker for a specific territory in the US along with other areas as assigned. The objective of this position is to contribute to McDonald’s National Development Plan by producing new, freestanding locations and leading deals from site selection through internal approvals, contractual negotiations, ground breaks, and openings.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a comprehensive, strategic market plan for a defined territory and lead daring new store growth goals
- Maintain strong market knowledge and an understanding of McDonald’s coverage gaps, target markets, trends, projected home/work/shop growth, competition, and other factors that build real estate opportunities
- Lead network of real estate brokers to identify potential sites for new restaurant development and relocations
- Conduct sites tours with National RE Lead and Development Director to gain field approval of proposed sites
- In conjunction with McDonald’s Analytics team, estimate and analyze sales performance of new restaurants to ensure accurate forecasting
- Prepare and present detailed, professional new restaurant site packages for Real Estate Committee approval
- Prepare and negotiate terms of letter of intent (LOI) and work with internal legal representation to negotiate lease or purchase contract for all approved sites
- Partner with coordination and construction teams to ensure project moves smoothly through due diligence, entitlements, and construction phases. Real estate stays with the project through opening and beyond. Oversee and lead each deal from initial market plan through LOI to opening
- Participate in weekly development department project status meetings and lead associated critical dates
- BA/BS degree in a real estate or business field strongly preferred
- Commercial real estate experience in single-tenant real estate site selection and acquisition
- Experience developing new, ground up construction, not just brokerage or sales experience
- Resourceful at identifying and evaluating restaurant site locations (availability, access, population trends, sales potential, and competition.)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience with municipal planning and zoning procedures
- Proven project management and networking skills; established industry relationships
- Proactive, innovative, and critical thinking/project manager
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and teamwork skills
- Ability to engage and influence Senior-level executives and stakeholders
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptive, and to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- This is a travel intensive position with the potential of 50%+ travel
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.