National Real Estate Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.Job Description:
Contributing to the McDonald’s National Development Plan, primarily in producing new, freestanding locations and leading deals through internal approvals, contractual negotiations, ground breaks, and openings. The National Real Estate Manager is the primary dealmaker and will own the project from inception through restaurant opening.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a comprehensive, strategic market plan for a defined territory and handle bold new store growth goals
- Maintain strong market knowledge and an understanding of McDonald’s coverage gaps, target markets, trends, projected home/work/shop growth, competition, and other factors that build real estate opportunities
- Handle network of real estate brokers to identify potential sites for new restaurant development and relocations.
- Conduct sites tours with National RE Lead and Development Director to gain field approval of proposed sites
- In conjunction with McDonald’s Analytics team, estimate and analyze sales performance of new restaurants to ensure accurate forecasting
- Prepare and present new restaurant site packages to the Real Estate Committee. Presentation shall include a decision logic, maps, aerials, demographics, competitor analysis, sales forecast, return metrics, impact analysis, and real estate deal points. The intent of the presentation is to gain McDonald’s leadership approval of the site and economics
- Prepare and negotiate terms of letter of intent (LOI) and work with internal legal representation to negotiate lease or purchase contract for all approved sites
- Partner with coordination and construction teams to ensure project moves efficiently through due diligence, entitlements, and construction phases. Real estate stays with the project through opening and beyond
- Participate in weekly development department project status meetings and lead associated critical date
- Retail deal-making experience
- Comprehensive and proficient understanding of single-tenant real estate site selection and acquisition
- Skillful at identifying and evaluating restaurant site locations (availability, access, population trends, sales potential, and competition.)
- BA/BS degree in a real estate or business discipline strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Demonstrated abilities in legal contract negotiation and administration
- Proactive, innovative, and strategic thinking/project manager
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and teamwork skills.
- Ability to engage and influence Senior-level executives and stakeholders
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptive, and to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.