National Real Estate Manager (Special Venues)
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Contributing to the McDonald’s National Development Plan, primarily in producing new, special venue locations and leading deals through internal approvals, contractual negotiations, ground breaks, and openings. The National Real Estate Manager is the primary dealmaker for new travel center, inline space, and special venue restaurants (airports, tollways, train stations museums, sports arenas, universities) and will lead the project from inception through restaurant opening.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a comprehensive, strategic market plan for McDonald’s special venue locations across the US and lead aggressive new store growth goals
- Maintain strong market knowledge and an understanding of McDonald’s coverage gaps, target venues and trade areas, trends, projected customer growth, competition, and other factors that build real estate opportunities
- Manage network of real estate brokers and special venues consultants to proactively identify potential sites for new restaurant development and relocations.
- Conduct sites tours with National RE Lead and Development Director to gain field approval of proposed sites
- In conjunction with McDonald’s Analytics team, estimate and analyze sales performance of new special venue and inline restaurants to ensure accurate forecasting
- Prepare and present new restaurant site packages to the Real Estate Committee. Presentation shall include a decision logic, maps, aerials, demographics, competitor analysis, sales forecast, return metrics, impact analysis, and real estate deal points. The intent of the Real Estate Committee presentation is to gain McDonald’s leadership approval of the site and economics
- Prepare and negotiate terms of Request for Proposal (RFP) responses and Letters of Intent. Work with internal legal representation to negotiate lease provisions for all approved sites
- Partner with coordination and construction teams to ensure project moves smoothly through due diligence, entitlements, and construction phases. Real estate stays with the project through opening and beyond.
- Participate in weekly development department project status meetings and manage associated critical dates
- 5+ years’ retail deal-making experience
- Comprehensive and proficient understanding of special venue and/or inline space real estate site selection and acquisition
- Experienced at identifying and evaluating special venue and/or inline restaurant site locations sales potential (space and layout, vehicular traffic, pedestrian traffic, enplanements, and competition.)
- BA/BS degree in a real estate or business field strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Demonstrated abilities in legal contract negotiation and administration
- Proactive, innovative, and strategic thinking/project manager
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and teamwork skills.
- Ability to engage and influence Senior-level executives and stakeholders
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptive, and to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Type: Remote
Req ID: REF4676M_743999908751843