National Loss Prevention Specialist (Corporate Restaurants)
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: National Loss Prevention Specialist (Corporate Restaurants)
Department: Loss Prevention & Corporate Security
Reports to: Loss Prevention, Corporate Security Manager
Type of position: Full-time, Contract (1-year)
Who we are
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best talent. We've built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We're problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, are committed to personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
The National Loss Prevention Specialist is an entry level position that will work with market leaders and their teams directly to define and implement Loss Prevention and Security initiatives aligned with annual business plans.
This role focuses primarily on:
- Implementing Regional and National Loss Prevention Programs and Strategy
- Development - Increase Loss Prevention capabilities of restaurant leaders/staff
- Influence - Collaborate with restaurant leaders to drive Loss Prevention strategies
- Compliance - Support the implementation and auditing of restaurant compliance with Loss Prevention & Security initiatives
- Analysis - Review daily, weekly & monthly reports to identify trends and investigate root causes accordingly
Who are you?
You are curious with a desire to investigate and collaboratively problem-solve. You are analytical with a keen eye for data and can present your facts clearly. You are an excellent communicator who builds strong relationships, influencing positive business results through motivational and constructive coaching. You embrace ambiguity and change, and you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You stay current with the latest Loss Prevention & Security industry knowledge and trends to influence decision-making and contribute to strategy development.
If you are passionate on driving overall business results and you have a strong Loss Prevention & Security background, this could be for you!
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Focus on being in restaurants and supporting teams to optimize profitability & process improvement in the areas of Cash/Food/Delivery.
- Strategically plans targeted restaurant visits in accordance with LP scorecards; to identify trends, identify root cause, and coach restaurant teams to mitigate future loss or process opportunity.
- Effectively communicates findings in a timely fashion to RM’s and Operations consultant’s and collaborates on action plans to support course correction.
- Conducts restaurant Loss Prevention compliance audits (i.e.: Cash, Food Cost and Delivery process Audits).
- Conducts investigations into process non-compliance, employee integrity, etc.
- Provides presentations and training webcasts to patch/market level restaurant teams when required.
- Support restaurants with Security incident management and security equipment service when required.
- Use a "one team" mindset to collaborate and promote Loss Prevention & Security and business results.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- 3+ years progressive experience with knowledge of occupational Loss Prevention & Security practices, with focus in a continuous improvement environment with diverse stakeholder groups and with a proven track record of measurable results.
- Capable of analyzing financial data to identify loss opportunities and report back to the business.
- Exceptional/Effective communication skills (written/verbal) is required. Bilingual - French and English preferred.
- Organized self-starter, with excellent time management skills, capable of multi-tasking while navigating through an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to influence restaurant teams and operational market leads when presenting an opportunity.
- A strong team player with the ability to work with diverse business leaders at multiple levels in the organization and have the willingness rise to the opportunity to help others.
- Able to handle sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to travel with overnight stays during the work week is required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with MS Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience in the QSR/Food Retail industry preferred.
**If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Caleigh Bleakley**Additional Information:
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.