Microsoft Power Platform Developer
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture. Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
The GBS Microsoft Power Platform Developer will support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting script development, maintenance, improvement, and support activities.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for the design and development of applications using PowerApps and Power Automate. This role requires baseline experience with deploying basic buseither in the underlying data platform (Common Data Service) or in various online and on-premises data sources (SharePoint, Excel, Office 365, SQL Server, etc.).
- Implement SharePoint solutions in Office365 and Power Platform
- Create document libraries, custom lists, and their corresponding features
- Design, implement and support PowerApps and Power Automate solutions
- Work with the partners to define automation requirements and develop functional/Technical specification documents
- Design, develop, test, and deploy automation solutions for internal functions.
- Manage and resolve technology issues. Develop and present solution alternatives along with recommendations to partners
- Perform root cause analysis on the failures and making changes to the automations to address the root cause
- Responsible for enhancements and new development
- Collaborate with business specialists to assess business processes and identify opportunities for process automation that increase efficiencies, reduce cost, and reduce operational risk
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assists in development of analysis of their use for Global Business Services and other functional business departments in the area of automation
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business, continuous improvement, and IT partners
- Promote, enhance, and maintain technical knowledge via benchmarking, seminars, webinars and etc
- Responsible for being the liaison between the CoE and Business to provide project updates, answer questions and coordinate required testing/deployment activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Power Platform/Power Automate or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with and knowledge of business processes in finance and accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, purchasing, fixed assets and cash management as well as month, quarterly and year-end closing processes
- Experience with script development, programming, maintenance, improvement, and support activities
- Experience with custom form development (HTML, CSS, Java Script & VBA)
- Understanding of organizational change principles associated with new technology implementations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal)
- Proven leadership and understanding of project management principles
- Self-learner and works under minimal supervision
- Travel 10%-20%
- Continuous Improvement (CI) training
- Experience with robotic process automation
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.Additional Information:
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.