McOpCo Operations Consultant
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
- Championing the McDonald's "People Promise" by personally demonstrating, reinforcing and following-up on the (1) Respect and recognition (e.g., crew & manager schedules, reward and recognition programs) and (2) Values & Leadership behaviors (e.g., adherence to policies and procedures, crew and manager communications, acts on issues raised by crew and managers appropriately, employee commitment survey and action plans)
- Collaborating with peers - Area Supervisors and his / her General Managers to establish individual performance targets (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound), conducting performance reviews timely and communicating one-on-one, implementing Performance Improvement Plans, and partnering with them to correct or deliver expected performance results.
- Mentoring high potential individuals and providing input into succession planning process
- Establishing and setting staffing targets, and working with teams to ensure all restaurants within the Profit Center are adequately staffed (through quality hiring and retention) to improve sales potential
- Ensuring that the quality hiring process is followed; participating in making final selection decisions on all restaurant managers based on Profit
- Choosing the appropriate consulting approach (e.g., directive, inspiring, coaching, collaborative) based on the performance level of each General Manager
- Protecting the McDonald's brand by ensuring that our restaurants meet
- McDonald's QSC operational standards, food safety standards, and labor laws
- Demonstrate Customer-First Service by consistently observing restaurant operations, troubleshooting shift management, taking on-the-spot corrective actions, and recognizing successes
- Supports, develops and requires General Managers to teach restaurant teams to implement the 12 restaurant systems (QSC Playbook) that produce consistently high levels of QSC
- Ensures that ROIP is completed on a rolling required cycle
- Represents McDonald's interest in the community (e.g., test products, promotions; and provides high level execution and performance of each test)
- Collaborates with the Operations Manager, peers - Area Supervisors and Support Staff on developing the annual business plan for respective Profit Center
- Builds a positive and expansive work environment to optimize business results (increase guest counts, increase sales, increase profits, while delivering outstanding QSC)
- Verifies that all McDonald's standard practices and procedures are met (e.g., cash, security, food safety, pricing)
- Develops and implements reinvestment plans on an annual basis to include opening new restaurants, rebuilds, remodels, equipment purchases, etc.
- Uses all available resources (e.g., Training Dept, HR, Accounting, Analysts, Marketing, Deployment, Risk-Management, Security, and National Teams)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Field Operations experience
- Proven project management implementation skills
- Strong people/relationship management skills
- Proven experience influencing and obtaining great results through others
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.