MBA Consumer Insight Internship Summer 2023
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically and feed your need (and ours!) for innovation. After initial training, dive in with your full-time team to learn the business and enjoy robust programming including our Executive Speaker Series, Lunch and Learns with unique teams like Restaurant Architecture and Happy Meals, Employee Business Network sessions, and other training. We designed this internship to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry - if you bring curiosity and work ethic, we will bring the know-how.
We believe we are #BetterTogether, so we encourage networking through Peer Lunches and mentorship from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a McDonald’s future leader.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, and beginning your career in the McDonald’s Corporate Internship gives you early access to our full-time post-graduation opportunities.
This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling a designated summer project. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. This summer role will sit within the Consumer Insights functional team in the US Marketing.
This person will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders to navigate the organization and deliver on the challenge he or she has been asked to solve. Projects may potentially include work in:
- Personalized marketing, segmentation, and measurement analysis
- Offer Strategy
- Loyalty strategy
- Data and Innovation Strategy
- Personalizing the commerce journey
- Benchmarking and best practice research
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Business, Analytics or another relevant degree
- 3-5+ years in Marketing, Media, Management Consulting, Strategy, or other Data Analytics roles
- Have completed their first year of an MBA or Graduate Program and will be graduating as of Fall/Winter 2023 or Spring 2024
- Can work Monday-Friday during all 10 weeks of the internship June 5 - August 11
- Have work authorization and will not require visa sponsorship for future employment
- Data literate and the ability to turn data signals into consumer-driven marketing insights
- A true strategic and critical thinker
- Ability to work with the culture of big, complex organizations
- A person who is passionate to explore and test innovation
- Enthusiasm for the Marketing and Innovation: Someone who can bring an infectious sense of interest and passion for consumer insights. They will be part evangelist - introducing new ideas and suggesting atypical solutions
- Creativity: Someone who can suggest new ways of doing things and bring fresh, new thinking to the table to advance insights and ideas
- Leadership: Someone who can collaborate with and lead others whether it’s a hands-on implementation role or a strategic one, this person will be able to set policy and direction, and implement solutions
- Communication: Expresses complex ideas and positions in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Upholds all of McDonald’s Standards of Business Conduct
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your compensation which will include:
- $50/hr for the 10-week program (up to 40 hours/week)
- Housing Stipend
- If on-site: Access to the McDonald’s Headquarters facilities (gym, company events, rooftop patio, Global Restaurant)
- Company-sponsored networking and social events
- May be eligible for Summer Hours schedule
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.