Marketing Planning Analyst
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Marketing Planning Analyst
Department: Business Insights
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: Business Insights Consultant
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
We have a position available in the Toronto office for a Marketing Planning Analyst, supporting specifically Marketing and Category performance. In this position, the candidate will be providing objective, fact-based analytics support for Business Insights Consultants. The successful candidate will also at times work closely with the Marketing Planning and Execution teams, collaboratively providing recommendations on our calendar optimization and integration of advanced insights into category planning. This position is an excellent match for someone who is very comfortable with working with data, building dashboards, and strong analytical skills. A background in marketing mix modeling and strong experience influencing peers and category strategy are also key success factors.
Our Business Insights team is dedicated to uncover and articulate meaningful insights that inspire great advertising, great food and award-winning promotional programs. We strive to improve the guest experience with the goal of redefining McDonald’s brand perception. Sometimes we adapt methodology from our global markets, but just as often or more, we need to design our own solutions. We are on a journey to become one of the strongest, most dynamic business insights teams in Canada as well as in the McDonald’s system.
Who You Are
You are an objective and fact-based individual, with keen attention to detail, with a growth mindset. You are analytical by nature and can build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment to support internal and external parties. You work effectively in a fast paced, agile, and sometimes high-pressure environment. If you like to explore, invent and inspire - we need someone who wants to find and develop better, sharper, more innovative ways to solve business problems.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Job Responsibilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside Marketing Analytics Consultants to understand and optimize impact of proposed marketing calendar activities across multiple categories
- Work with external vendors and global teams with respect to marketing performance & best practices
- Collaborate with category leads and other cross-functional partners to plan and execute marketing activities
- Forecast, test, and assess business performance for national initiatives and regional activations where necessary
Analysis & Reporting
- Pull product and customer-level data from Redshift database using SQL
- Build dashboards using Tableau and other data visualization tools
- Support BI Consultants in modelling financial projections of marketing campaigns and measuring performance
- Experience: Two to five years’ experience in an analytics role in an insights, finance, marketing, research or other related department
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Tableau and/or other similar dashboarding tools
- Advanced skills in data analysis and reporting, as related to marketing planning & strategy
- Technical skills: Knowledge of SQL is necessary; Intermediate to advanced skills in Tableau and/or other similar dashboarding tools; and Advanced skills in data analysis and reporting, as related to marketing planning & strategy
- Experience working with analytics vendors
- Communication skills: Strong communication and presentation delivery skills, with comfort advocating at all levels of the organization.
- Education: An undergraduate degree with a focus on Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or related ; MBA, or related further education would be an asset
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.