Marketing Manager, Beverage & Guest Value Strategy
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Marketing Manager, Beverage & Guest Value Strategy
Department: Calendar Planning and Menu Development
Position band: Management/Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
Who you are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve strategic business problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills, who can effectively support our system in a fast-paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Manager with the development of our beverage and holistic guest value strategies:
- Develop the ongoing beverage category strategy for Coffee, Cold Beverages, and Fountain beverages using consumer and category insights and operational considerations to build recommendations.
- Collaborate with Menu, Consumer Insights and Business Insights teams to build and maintain a pipeline of Beverage menu innovations (Coffee, Cold Beverages, Fountain) based on guest-needs and industry trends.
- Build Holistic Guest Value strategy, leveraging consumer, digital and category insights to build recommendations.
- Provide innovative thinking and continuously strive for new approaches to drive the business and impact the industry.
Insights and Analysis
- Build business case recommendations for Beverage and Guest Value categories, for leadership and Operator groups to make informed and confident decisions.
- Work with Consumer and Business Insights teams to understand category opportunities, consumer needs, and identify opportunities to drive category growth & affinity.
- Interpret and evaluate information related to sales, P & L, promotional evaluation, competition, general economic trends, and qualitative/quantitative research.
- Maintain contact with Global and US teams on Guest Value & Beverage related marketing initiatives to ensure alignment and opportunities to share/steal great ideas that will benefit the McDonald’s system.
Communication and Influence
- Present strategic plans and promotional recommendations to various Owner/Operator Leadership groups for votes & alignment.
- Ensure strategic plans and promotional recommendations are understood and supported by internal teams, Leadership, Field and Restaurant teams to ensure strong execution and guest experience.
- Facilitate and influence the cross-functional team Beverage Menu Innovation project development process; ensuring initiatives are on strategy, approved by all stakeholders and within required timelines.
- Manage strategic handover to internal teams, providing clear business and strategic objectives & KPIs to allow the Brand Marketing, Field, and Operational teams to bring each strategy or program to life.
- Build strong relationships and foster teamwork among agencies, marketing team, and cross-functional teams to achieve maximum performance.
- Empower the people you work with by providing guidance, clear communication & coaching.
- The experience:
- Marketing experience in consumer retail or service marketing.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and multi-functional matrix organizations is an asset.
- Strategic Storyteller: Able to distill information down to clear, impactful talking points that align with overarching business strategies.
- Analytical: strong critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret sales and consumer data, digital analytics, and campaign performance reports to inform key business strategies.
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, staff, and external partners.
- Presentation skills: Experience developing and presenting business cases to leadership & stakeholder groups.
- Innovative problem-solving skills: Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed, in a timely manner.
- Project management experience: Organized, with the ability to make critical decisions to ensure successful management of timelines, deliverables, and project outcomes. Detail oriented with the ability to work independently, and with others in the context of a team.
- Guest Centric Mindset: Be a consumer expert and champion. Driven to thoroughly understand the market, our brands and competitors.
- Technical skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.