Manager - Vendor Relationship Management
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
The Vendor Relationship Manager is responsible for relationship management with assigned McDonald's portfolio of providers. The Manager will lead the portfolio management for Global Technology assigned providers and drive the efficiency of the VMO within Global Technology.
The Manager will work closely with McDonald’s teams to cultivate existing relationships and establish new provider relationships. Additionally, they will lead the full supplier lifecycle from identifying, negotiating, on-boarding to handling provider’s performance via a structured governance process. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with other members of the VMO, Global Technology, Delivery teams, Global Sourcing, Senior Management and Providers!
- Responsible for managed services for technology.
- Facilitates the engagement of key executives in the governance processes for assigned Service Provider(s), including the facilitation of key decisions related to agreements
- Define, develop, document, and establish appropriate communication to McDonald’s Technology and business partners on the operational responsibilities and services provided through the managed services contract(s)
- Implement the VMO strategy on behalf of McDonald’s
- Serve as a subject matter authority to McDonald’s partners, corporate procurement and legal to obtain their assistance in contract-related activities
- Provide clarity on and interpretations of contractual obligations to McDonald’s personnel, including contract education and awareness
- Handle joint McDonald’s -vendor action items arising from governance decisions from inception through completion, including capture, assignment/ownership, tracking, status reporting at appropriate governance meetings, and closure
- Facilitate timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimize impact of service disruptions to McDonald’s Global Technology and business partners
- Monitoring performance of contracts against performance indicators to ensure all obligations under agreements are being met
- Work with and advise the McDonald’s partners on contract-related issues and disputes from identification to final resolution, including assignment/ownership, tracking, escalation, reporting and improvement or other action plans
- Ensuring McDonald’s partners understand our contractual obligations and monitors our compliance to them
- Monitor service level agreement (SLA) performance and supporting resolution efforts when issues arise.
- Works with Technology leaders and the vendor(s) to establish and measure key performance indicators (KPIs), critical performance indicators (CPI) and other metrics that contribute to the relationship and support continuous service improvement.
- Define and direct the performance management strategy, SLA Management and reporting processes and tools for all in-scope services
- Perform quality assurance reviews of managed services programs
- Perform reviews of managed services vendors’ services, projects and processes to identify risks and compliance issues on an ongoing basis
- Analyze and maintain performance-related dashboards as well as service performance analytical methods and practices
- Implement contractual changes with key partners
- Implement changes and/or additions to contract documents (such as SOWs)
- Support Governance process for Providers including Business Reviews, Contract Renewals, Stakeholder Management & liaison between internal functions and Provider.
- Lead a periodic customer satisfaction survey process, including follow-up and remedial action plans
- Builds McDonald's contractual obligations and supervises compliance to the obligations under the outsourcing agreements
- Support the contract benchmarking and renewal process, with appropriate engagement from partners
- Validates invoices against contract cost and clauses to ascertain whether the set achievements have reached
- Alignment of processes with Global Workforce Solutions
- Coordinate and direct relevant VMO projects as assigned
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and expertise:
- 5 plus years of experience in Technology related Provider Management with large scale providers and negotiation with provider on service
- The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of negotiations and overall relationship management
- Experience with communicating with partners and management
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills; team-oriented, collaborative leadership skills and ability to lead colleagues informally
- Strong prioritization skills
- Effectively prioritize and complete tasks under time pressure
- Project management skills; experience in business systems and process planning
- Comfortable working in an advisory capacity to communicate system and business issues, develop and evaluate alternative action plans, and make recommendations
- Standout colleague who can lead and affect process and organizational change and improvements
- Demonstrated commitment to a continuous improvement mentality
- Adaptable and flexible whilst working an exciting global virtual team
- Bachelors Degree
- IT outsourcing experience and understanding the software development lifecycle
- Experience within an Agile environment
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.