Manager, US Operations Analytics
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Do you want a career and not just a job? Are you ready to make a difference and not just make a living? Do you desire to have an impact on the future of Operations in a world class organization? Is it time for you to take the dive into your next great adventure? If so, apply now as your first step towards joining one the most dynamic and creative teams today. McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 36,000 locations in over 100 countries. Our U.S. business includes: Home office headquarters located in Chicago, IL
- Ten field offices located across the country, supporting our employees, brand and more than 14,000 restaurants ran by McDonald's and our franchisees At McDonald's, it's our mission to offer dynamic careers for a variety of business functions including, but not limited to positions working in:
- Operations - Finance - Human Resources - Learning & Development - Marketing - Consumer Business Insights - Communications We believe that a career here is an opportunity for you to be the best at what you're passionate about, in a supportive, inclusive environment where you are valued and respected.
We are dedicated to building a committed workplace that rewards and recognizes you for your loyal contribution and supporting you by offering growth and advancement opportunities. We believe the best people in the world work right here. Our Corporate Home Office has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Manager, Advanced Analytics. Working in this role, you'll be part of a team that provides insights and analytics in support of Operations strategy and performance.
You will report to the Director, Operations Analytics (Business Services department). You will play a critical role in understanding how the US restaurants are performing, why they are performing to the levels they are, what will likely happen soon, and what are the best strategies and actions to change that outcome for the better. Our work can be described in three main areas:
- Partnering with Business Insights, Marketing and Consumer Research to evaluate tests related to new products, promotions and simplification efforts
- Providing senior leadership with projections and performance reports in accordance with critical metrics that the team also manages for relative changes over time
- Supporting our Field First organization by providing practical insights and information to help drive our ongoing pursuit to run better restaurants You will become a member of a highly influential team, and you will have daily exposure to senior leadership in the US business.
Responsibilities In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, your principle accountabilities will include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Providing accurate and timely information to key partners as a part of process in both written, visual and verbal methods
- Managing relationships with cross functional team members in the collaborative exchanges
- Bringing proven and emerging techniques to the Operations analytics team to help advance our impact in the business
- Be a student of the business and take the initiative to continuously learn and apply these insights to develop a strategic and collaborative mindset
- Provide outstanding ability to actively listen to partners and frame problems to ensure we are answering the right questions with the utmost efficiency
- Lead others, both internally and externally, to provide conclusions and develop tools
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- BA/BS degree in Analytics, Operations Research or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of experience Mastering descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical skills in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience in a business environment where the application of analytical skills led to business success and the desire for more analytical services Preferred Qualifications
- Masters or PhD. in related field/industry strongly preferred
- Ability to quickly assess which analytical methods should be used to fit the correct application
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and visual) and social skills
- Experience in managing projects and leading others to highly impactful and timely results
- Ability to learn quickly and apply effectively Mastery of analytical tools (JMP, SAS, Alteryx, Tableau, Excel, R)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.