Manager, US Digital Customer Experience
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
We are looking for intellectually curious problem-solver that have a passion for marketing, innovation and creating seamless and intuitive digital customer experiences. As part of the U.S. Digital Customer Experience Product team, you will help create the future at McDonald’s.
Using trends and consumer research along with internal and external data, you will contribute to setting short-term priorities and executing long-term digital product strategies. You will be accountable for leading cross functional teams, comprised of technology, consumer insights, operations, business insights, and marketing. You will also be a key contact, interfacing with our owner/operator partners to bring the digital product experience to life in the restaurants. You’ll contribute to developing and execute plans to deliver on annual financial goals, while managing the everyday needs of the digital business.
If you’re intrigued by understanding customer behavior, leveraging that understanding to create compelling digital experiences that drive usage & growth, and if you are energized by a fast-paced, dynamic environment, we invite you to explore joining us to help shape the future of the McDonald’s U.S. Digital Customer Experience team!
In this role, you will:
- Own and manage the US Digital Customer Product Experience within our US Mobile App
- Act as the day-to-day owner for McD’s App, focused on improving the digital customer experience specifically focused on Loyalty & Marketing in-app functionality
- Responsible for how our Loyalty & Marketing functionality in-app comes to life. Inclusive of new & existing UX, functionality, capabilities impacting our customers digital engagement and messaging
- Creating seamless, consistent, quick and enjoyable digital app experiences for our customers & crew
- Partner with your extended US Digital App Core team & Global CX leads to cohesively improve, build and manage the best app experience in the industry
- Represent the voice of our US Digital Customers & US Marketing and apply those learnings and opportunities to our Digital App product experience
- Understand how our customers engage, interact and leverage our app & digital omni channel experience. Responsible for customer trends, data analysis and identifying gaps or pain points
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams (ie. US Consumer & Business Insight, Data & Technology teams) to outline and prioritize learning & growth opportunities with our App
- Partner with McDonald’s Digital Loyalty, Media, CRM & Engagement Team to integrate and embed loyalty in McDonald’s broader digital strategy, experience and technical solutions
- Own the US Digital App Business prioritization, backlog/feature requests & partner with Global DP&E/CX teams to help rank, develop, test & release in US
- Partner with Global Loyalty, Digital Product Experience & CX teams to ensure needs are embedded into commercial, product, operations, and marketing priorities
- Identify, communicate, build, and launch new-to-system capabilities required to execute the long and short term digital experience strategy
- Optimize US backlog with US Technology inclusive of existing and future capabilities from major digital initiatives launched in the US
- Lead in partnership with Global & US Tech teams as requests will need application across our global markets & leads
- Contribute to strategic innovation projects led by the US Marketing & Global CX, Digital Product & Experience teams
- Lead our Digital App go to market test/launch roadmap and system storytelling of upcoming customer features/enhancements to US System/Leadership/Franchisees
- Support the US Digital & Marketing leadership day-to-day on achieving our US MCD Digital Goals, ambition and priorities.
- Inclusive of any new features and subsequent storytelling for customer facing benefits & optimizations
- Business case development and/or financial ROI for a requested feature, inclusive of sizing and opportunity
- Partner with out Franchisee/Owner & Operator Digital Experience Sub Team Committee on roadmap, UX, development, issues escalation and VOC/restaurants
- Provide extended Digital, Marketing & Field Teams with appropriate educational tools, information and strategy to execute Digital App plans and goals
- Support all digital experience trouble shooting, issue escalation & resolution in partnership with US Tech, Global & our suppliers
- Highly collaborative and adept at leading and influencing cross-functional teams effectively, including internal teams and external partners
- Customer-focused, entrepreneurial, and result-oriented - "can-do" leadership style that leverages creativity and pragmatism in the face of challenges
- Ability to consistently lead with clarity, prioritizing the right levers that will make the biggest impact to business
- Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements; demonstrated understanding of product lifecycles and comfort with technical design
- Excellent consensus-builder with ability to listen and synthesize multiple perspectives into a path forward
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as experience and comfort around executive communications
- Strong communication and persuasion skills and ability to interact effectively with senior leaders
- Experience in a digital customer-focused industry
- Strong business acumen and proven strategic, analytical and creative abilities
- Significant knowledge and experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to think with agility, work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams at once under time pressure
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years relevant work experience or Master’s Degree and 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience leading highly visible, cross-functional strategic initiatives in a high-growth environment
- Experience in product management and development of digital customer experiences
- Preference for experience and / or strong interest in growth and digital marketing
- Preference for demonstrated success in managing external partners, especially those related to digital customer experiences or complex commercial agreements
- Preference for clear ability to turn data into insights into action and ability to tell stories through impact deliverables with clear narratives.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.