Manager, U.S. Enterprise Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s seeks a Manager, U.S. Enterprise Communications for its U.S. Business Communications team. This position will support the storytelling effort to strategically advance the U.S. business narrative and drive awareness of key business priorities and a common vision of success among key audiences. If you have shown skills as a communicator and are particularly adept at handling critical relationships and providing strategic counsel to senior stakeholders, this could be the role for you!
Role is based in Chicago, IL and report directly to the Director, US Enterprise Communications. You will be a member of the broader North American Impact team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement integrated, communications strategies and messaging for specific key U.S. business priorities that span internal and external audiences.
- Align communication activities with global and US national strategy and messaging.
- Develop communications materials and resources that equip franchisees, employees, leaders and other key audiences to serve as ambassadors for the U.S. narrative.
- Support effort to craft, set and deliver against metrics/KPIs.
- Support communications and effort to execute against U.S. leadership speaking engagements.
- Partner with U.S. Business Communications team to plan and execute key System convenings and messages such as Town Halls, webcasts, etc.
- Advise business leaders on communications plans and messaging, driving understanding, alignment and action against short and long-term priorities.
- Stay ahead of issues and drive consistency through ongoing engagement with key partners across the organization (e.g., Marketing, Deployment, HR, etc.)
- Build and handle critical stakeholder relationships.
Experience in a corporate communications role, either in-house or at an agency. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strategic storyteller with the following attributes:
- Deep communications expertise with internal and external experience and a demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories.
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey sophisticated issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Eye for business with a proven ability to understand the needs and concerns of individual franchisees, employees and the broader Company strategy, and how to use communication to get results
- Strong advisory skills with the ability to offer credible advice to senior leaders.
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to lead multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline-driven.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4783Q_743999907703513
- Public Relations