Manager - Strategic Alignment & Communications
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
The Strategic Communications & Alignment Manager is responsible for helping to drive the communication and change agenda across the Global Technology organization, ensuring alignment to our strategy across key stakeholders. In addition this role will serve as Chief of Staff for our VP of Infrastructure & Operations. This role ensures optimal operations and employee engagement within Operations and Infrastructure. It also drives communications strategies for key Infrastructure and Operations to drive clarity of direction and translate that into narratives designed to build understanding with a variety of key stakeholders, including Global Technology employees and other business functions within McDonald’s. This role is also responsible for culture building activities designed to create engagement and sense of one Global team.
Main areas of focus and the approximate time spent on each is as follows:
- Provide executive communications and alignment support to the VP, Infrastructure and Operations.
- Serve as Chief of Staff to Vice President, Infrastructure and Operations, which includes:
- Orchestration of SLT meetings, functional meetings, QBRs and speaking engagements
- Sets agenda and facilitates key Engineering Leadership meetings to ensure focus and actions are followed through
- Helps facilitate input from services provided from broader OCIO team (reporting, analytics, OKRs)
- Managing and maintaining operational reports, such as HR, vendor, financial, KPIs, project status and talent managements)
- Help strategic ideas take root and provide early facilitation until a more formal project is established
- Manages GTIO-OCIO process improvement backlog
- Plans and executes team off-sites, team events, employee action planning etc.
- Think strategically while providing tactical support to implement ideas
- Proactively address pressing business issues that need immediate attention.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in change, communications-related field or program management
- 5-10 years of experience in organization development, strategic change, communications, or program management
- At least 4-6 years of experience managing complex projects from conception to delivery Change Management, Organizational Development and/or Communications experience
- Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with Sr. Leadership and multi-disciplined teams
- Experience leading people or contractors preferred; Global Experience preferred
- Experience within Technology is preferred
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective
- Previous experience managing executive-level communications
- Proven ability to develop and implement communication strategy for key initiatives.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment and support multiple high priority work streams
- High level of strategic focus and perspective and tactical ability to deliver
- In-depth knowledge of communication strategies, tools, and vehicles and application of written communication skills.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.