Manager, Service Level Management - Vendor Relationship Office
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The role of the Manager, Service Level Management is to provide the means to measure the improvement of Technology’s performance through the use of managed services, to integrate vendors’ processes with McDonald’s Technology performance management processes and to ensure that there is a fact-based view of vendor performance.
The role of the Manager is to ensure that managed services vendors are meeting or exceeding the performance levels specified in the contract terms and to monitor the achievement of value intended from the sourcing arrangement. This role is responsible for monitoring service level agreement (SLA) performance and supporting resolution efforts when issues arise. The Performance Manager works with Technology leaders and the vendor(s) to establish and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics that add value to the relationship and support continuous service improvement.
This position supports the implementation of the managed services operating model, and leads the quality assurance and business case analyses for non-financial objectives realization. This position is responsible for McDonald’s Service Level Management process, performance reporting to the applicable governance bodies, and other functions which contribute to continually improving vendor performance and achievement ofTechnology’s planned benefits from the managed services relationship.
The Manager has significant interactions with McDonald’s Technology solution and service delivery leaders and the vendor’s account management/PMO functions that generate required performance reporting per the managed services agreements.
Primary responsibilities of this position are related to enabling effective performance oversight for managed services vendor(s):
- Define and direct the performance management strategy, SLA Management and reporting processes and tools for all in-scope services
- Perform quality assurance reviews of managed services programs
- Analyze and maintain performance-related dashboards as well as service performance analytical methods and practices
- Agree with vendor on data sources and ratify calculation methods for service levels; work with Technology colleagues to provide appropriate vendor access to McDonald’s systems where source data is housed
- Track, verify and validate service performance levels and data provided by the vendor
- Prepare periodic (e.g., quarterly, annually) plans including financial and performance metrics for the delivery of services and products by in-scope vendors; prepare periodic reports that support evaluation of vendor performance including attainment of objectives and improvements contemplated in a service improvement plan
- Work with the Demand Manager to ensure that requests for vendor services are properly processed and authorized and that associated deliverables and obligations are properly delivered at acceptable levels of quality
- Oversee the vendor’s execution of contractual Customer Satisfaction Survey requirements, including McDonald’s review of proposed survey questions; ensure that results are accurately reported to the appropriate governance bodies for review and follow up action identification, tracking and resolution
- Work with McDonald’s solution and service delivery managers to identify and track non-contractual service performance metrics of value to Technology and business partners for in-scope services
- Conduct service level agreement (SLA) reviews at least annually to determine whether the specified service level metrics and measures are continuing to meet the needs of McDonald’s Technology and business partners
- Facilitate the processes to understand, and then to approve or reject, vendors’ requests to deviate from SLA expectations
- Project manage any vendor performance benchmarks that may be executed
- Lead the process to adjust details of the service level inventory throughout the contract Term. This includes leading the tasks to add/change/delete measures, as well as alter the attributes of existing service level measures
- Stay abreast of, and communicate throughout the organization, best practices of performance management/measurement used throughout industry
- Contribute to the knowledge level and maturing of the organization towards a measurement-centric culture
- Contribute to the definition of operating models to be deployed with new solutions being contracted
- Experience with and significant knowledge of IT outsourcing and performance management methods, calculations and best practices in particular
- Proven expertise in and significant experience with a managed services environment and relationship
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the IT functional area being sourced
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under time pressure
- Proven project management skills; experience in business systems and process planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills; team-oriented, collaborative leadership skills and ability to lead colleagues informally
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service orientation
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.