Manager, Reinvestment Design Project Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Ensure the proper design execution of McDonald’s USA restaurants by providing constructive and timely guidance to the field and local consultants with regards to exterior branding, interior décor design and site planning. Key customers include studio team, owner/operators, suppliers and consultants, divisional, regional and corporate staff.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and facilitates the execution of construction, design, and presentation documents related to site-specific projects and initiatives.
- Coordinates directly with CX Lead
- Produces and coordinates written and redlined responses on submitted projects for review as it relates to exterior branding, interior décor design and site planning.
- Works independently to organize and execute multiple project tasks simultaneously.
- Accountable for timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Communicates and facilitates decision making related to design issues and concerns that deviate from guidelines.
- Suggests technical and creative solutions for specific aspects of design as it relates to branding and site design.
- Has working knowledge of existing branding trademarks and their proper implementation.
- Assists in determining the appropriate building branding elements and components and their design application, in relation to local code/zoning and developer compliance.
- Assists in evaluating how project related branding decisions impact development costs, both short term and long term, in regards to both the site specific and the system as a whole.
- Participates as a member of the studio team supporting the implementation of the department vision.ca
- Facilitates training to Regions and outside A/E consultants as it relates to branding and site design.
- Serves as contact for Regions, local consultants, building code officials, general contractors, developers, and product manufacturers.
- Coordinate the development of presentation boards and design documents.
- Assists in local Planning/Zoning board presentations as required.
- Contributes and/or presents to corporate/divisional/regional/owner operator meetings and local consultants.
- Assists in the professional growth, training, and development of individuals
- Actively participates in the transfer of knowledge and calibration across studio teams.
- Provides direction and coaching on the use of design guidelines and software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design preferred
- Related experience in retail design
- AutoCAD and SketchUp experience preferred
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.