Manager, People PMO
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
- Oversees the project portfolio for the people team, focused on effective and efficient coordination, scheduling, resourcing, and on-time execution of new and in-flight HR initiatives
- Manages team of Project Development Specialists and Supervisors and assigns to initiatives and projects based on need
- Collaborates with Strategy, HR Execution and COE Teams to build timelines for the entire People Portfolio including milestones, deadlines, and launches
- Consults to identify project charters, structures, roles, resource requirements, and governance structures
- Coordinates schedules across project stakeholders to ensure dependencies are aligned to minimize blocked time and bottlenecks
- Develops understanding and expertise across HR functions and projects
- Advises teams on communication strategies and deployment plans to launch and scale initiatives across the organization
- Reports on initiative progress, deliverables, and metrics to MHQ and US People Leadership Teams
- Acts as People team representative across multiple business PMO teams to ensure coordination and alignment of business strategy with people plans
- Contributes to the ongoing development of PMO methodologies, tools, templates and technology and advises initiative owners on project management best practices
- Adjusts project owner schedules to manage dependencies and bottlenecks
- Approves schedules and deadlines for HR initiatives
- 5+ years of extensive PMO experience required
- Strong, empathetic people manager adept at managing an agile resource pool
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to coordinate several schedules simultaneously
- Comfort managing complex logistics
- Understanding of (McDonald’s) HR processes and objectives
- Ability to quickly identify timing and resourcing bottlenecks and adapt plans to minimize downtime
- Effective relationship builder capable of communicating with stakeholders across HR functions and levels of seniority
- Builds repeatable processes and systems to complete repetitive tasks efficiently or automatically
- Deep knowledge of project management best practices and ability to coach initiative owners
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.