Manager of ESG Controllership
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Manager - ESG Controllership will focus on establishing and overseeing standardized processes and controls over the data needed for quality ESG regulatory reporting both within the U.S. (SEC) and Europe (CSRD) and will partner cross-functionally with other teams to enhance and modernize processes, documentation, and technology solutions for ESG disclosures used in external reporting. This role will also play a critical role in responding to ESG and Impact-related investor inquiries.
- Partner closely with Sustainability/Impact team, Corporate Secretary Office, Legal, and Communications on regulatory reporting requirements, trends, and frameworks
- Assess needs and ensure ESG regulatory compliance, data and disclosure integrity and readiness for assurance
- Develop and implement necessary processes, controls, and systems (e.g., technology), to improve the effectiveness of the ESG reporting processes for goals, commitments, critical metrics, and other ESG disclosures
- Support disclosure owners in documenting and enhancing internal controls over both financial and nonfinancial information
- Drive end-to-end controls, consistency, and accountability for ESG data and disclosure processes across McDonald’s and educate disclosure owners and market teams on process improvements
- Co-lead the ESG Governance & Disclosure Council and help prepare materials for the ESG Disclosure Committee
- Liaise with external vendors that lead ESG data for McDonald’s regarding data quality and controls
- Support the Company’s disclosure framework by helping interpret and define ESG reporting requirements & desired disclosure at both a market and consolidated level
- Partner with internal teams to lead company responses to ESG and Impact-related investor inquiries and moderate investor calls as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of accounting and/or finance work experience
- ESG and/or Investor Relations experience preferred
- Consistent track record of building rapport and solid business relationships
- Self-starter that can innovate the process of idea to execution through demonstrated project management experience, including leading partners and timeline dependencies to results
- Excellent communicator with ability to adapt & simplify messaging for various audiences & levels in the organization
- Ideal candidate is located in Chicago, IL
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.