Manager of Cybersecurity Service Operations
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This role will collaborate closely with cybersecurity experts, market leads, project managers, and Global Technology Solutions teams to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of McDonald’s security services. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and collaborating with the support teams that handle tickets and other operational tasks for McDonald’s security services. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, and other stakeholders.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for securing McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will manage vendor support teams that handle the operations of our cybersecurity services. This includes critical services essential to the functioning of McDonald’s at all levels. The cybersecurity operations team is composed of several McDonald’s employees as well as multiple vendors, each responsible for operating one or more services.
The Manager of Cybersecurity Operations will lead will work closely with partners globally to oversee the day-to-day tactical functioning of the processes and people dedicated to the organization. The position must define the strategy and direction for those performing these daily activities and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, GTRM service engineering teams, application owners, key vendors and others to ensure the continued reliable operation of McDonald’s cybersecurity services.
- Ensure the successful operation of a world-class cybersecurity operations program by collaborating with our key vendors to deliver effective support services and ensure the reliable operations of our cybersecurity services.
- Ensure that cybersecurity services maintain high availability and resiliency at all times.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and implement ways to reduce support tickets and improve service operation.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, urgency, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within cybersecurity services and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Act as a mentor to vendor partners on projects and provide on-the-job training. Schedule work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Ability to analyze complex operational issues, determine their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to prevent and eliminate such issues in the future
- Work with engineering teams to ensure operations processes are taken into account as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Ensure vendors follow appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for managing services.
- Make recommendations for projects to improve operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CyberSecurity or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building or operating security or IT infrastructure services.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Experienced in ITIL or other service management framework.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team and work non regular hours.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP, or similar.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.