Manager of Cybersecurity Service Engineering
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level.
This Manager of Cybersecurity Service Engineering will be responsible for developing new Cybersecurity services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other collaborators.
This role will also work with partners globally to ensure the proper functioning of the processes and people needed to keep these critical security and infrastructure services running reliably. This person must set the high-level strategy and direction for vendor partners and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be acquired as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, GTRM Cybersecurity Service Operations, GTRM architects, application owners, key vendors and others to ensure the continued reliable operation of McDonald’s Cybersecurity services.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to help ensure that the company has outstanding Cybersecurity products and services that meets the needs of the business.
- Must have worked with Akamai
- Handle the strategic direction, technical evolution, and day to day Engineering tasks for some of our Cybersecurity products including but not limited to our WAF, DDoS and BOT protective services platform.
- Experience with API's related to mobile applications and websites.
- Understanding of the internet, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, HTML, and SSL protocols
- Have previous experience with firewalls relating to traffic patterns and allowed and not allowed lists
- Work with peers and vendors to ensure that Cybersecurity services are crafted to always maintain high availability and resiliency, considering both process and technology.
- Provide input to a roadmap of proposed future updates and enhancements to the Cybersecurity platform and help socialize with key partners.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement ways to improve the ease of use, security, and operational stability of Cybersecurity systems.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, vitality, and thoroughness.
- Assist in driving strategic improvement projects within Cybersecurity Service Engineering and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Analyze sophisticated engineering issues, resolve their cause, and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Ensure operations are considered as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle with a sense of urgency.
- Support a strategic program applying industry-leading practices and methodologies to support the achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Help develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for handling services.
- Experience and willingness to participate a 24x7x365 team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Manager experience with a background in building or operating security services.
- Experience handling 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Experienced in designing, developing, and operating complex Cybersecurity products and services.
- Awareness and understanding of industry standard methodologies and trends.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, technically minded, and has an ownership approach.
- Experience and willingness to participate a 24x7x365 team.
- Self-starter who learns quickly on the job with minimal training.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Understand and represent the different perspectives of various collaborators (users, customers, suppliers, etc.) of a service.
- Work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Resolve / handle conflict or disagreements gracefully.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Solid ability to assess vitality and prioritization and make good decisions based upon circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.