Manager of Application Security
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the McDonald’s Technology Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
McDonald’s is seeking a Manager - Application Security to support our cybersecurity team as we protect our customers and the McDonald’s brand. You will develop and lead an application security program that is designed to ensure that all developed software meets exacting McDonald’s standards while enabling continued innovation to meet customers’ needs.
McDonald’s is investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs ultimately exciting. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is a dynamic era in our cybersecurity growth, helping to make a safer and Better McDonald's!
The Manager of Application Security must set high-level strategy and direction for those performing these daily activities and clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be acquired as a measure of success. This position will work closely with cybersecurity authorities, Global Technology teams, suppliers, and business leaders to define cybersecurity controls that protect McDonald’s assets and critical technology.
- Mentor and lead a distributed team of application security experts.
- Collaborate with internal and external product and development teams to integrate security tools, standards, and processes into the Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC).
- Partner with our front-end digital channel development teams (mobile, web, etc.), back-end platform development teams (Point-of-Sale, eCommerce Platform, etc.), and security service delivery teams to triage and develop plans for remediation of application threats and vulnerabilities, at a global scale.
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to integrated security processes and controls.
- Provide recommendations on Information Security policies and defining governance procedures for secure application development.
- Craft and deploy application security tools, processes, and documentation to support alignment with OWASP Top 10, Industry Standards, Current Events, and Best-Practices.
- Ensure that developers and QA personnel have the appropriate level of security knowledge and support to perform their daily activities.
- Develop and maintain a technical roadmap to ensure the platform remains relevant among the constantly evolving threat environment.
- Translate the technical roadmap to product leadership to help them better understand how security threats and control technology will affect their business objectives.
- Support the development and testing of playbooks that prepare Application Security to respond to possible security incidents.
- Stay up to date on emerging threats and potential impact to our cyber ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields.
- Leadership experience with IT Security management.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Application Security or Application Architecture.
- Experience with multiple objected oriented coding programming languages, and front-end frameworks as well.
- Experienced in key compliance and IT frameworks such as SAMM, Payment Card Industry (PCI), GDPR, CCPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SAS-70s, HIPAA, ISO27001.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Solid ability to develop strategic direction and long-term objectives without supervision.
- Confirmed social skills with the ability to translate complex technical issues or concepts to non-technical audiences in a clear and concise manner that focuses on business value.
- Proficient in technical writing and creation of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to information security teams.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly identify project objectives and define optimal project approach to align security controls with overall program success.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.