Manager, Loyalty Program
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
Looking for a team that inspires craveability, passion and imagination of customers, where you can be a part of the team shaping how America eats? McDonald’s is one of the most beloved brands around the world. Every day, McDonald’s brings delicious, feel-good moments to millions of people with some of the most craveable products on the planet. With tremendous momentum in the business, we’re building a better McDonald’s - one tasty bite at a time.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the McDonald’s U.S. Menu Strategy Team. Famous for iconic products like the Big Mac, Egg McMuffin, McRib and Shamrock Shake, the Menu Strategy Team has been the driving force behind recent growth in the business with the launch of Fresh Beef Burgers, the McCafé Bakery Platform, Minute Maid Slushies and the recent successful Spicy Chicken McNuggets. We’re working with excitement, purpose and creativity to continue that momentum with programs and annual plans that build our brands, renovate our core menu, celebrate our classics, simplify our restaurants and deliver new menu innovation to delight customers.
We are constantly finding ways to elevate the brands and menu at McDonalds to deliver on McDonald’s brand promise: make delicious feel good moments easy for everyone. The pace is fast, the learning is constant, the work is challenging and inspiring and as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.Job Description:
As we advance our U.S. digital strategy with the ambition of knowing all our customers in order to better anticipate and serve their needs, a critical component is the McDonald’s loyalty program. We are seeking a Loyalty Marketing Manager to optimize, enhance, and evolve the McDonald’s loyalty program.
This role will manage the loyalty program roadmap, promotional efforts, and innovation pipeline, including strategy development and implementation based on consumer research and testing. It will build off the McDonald’s digital experience and foundational elements including digital branding to meet the needs of McDonald’s digital customers. You’ll contribute to developing and executing plans to deliver on annual financial goals, while managing the everyday needs of the business. This role will work with cross-functional partners in ops, technology, consumer insights, business insights, finance, as well as global partners and franchisees, acting as the subject matter expert for loyalty and membership in the U.S. business. Using trends and consumer research along with internal and external data, you will contribute to setting short-term priorities and aligning long-term strategies related to the loyalty program and member experience. You’ll also understand the broader digital and affordability landscape, and how our loyalty program should be positioned within our overall strategy.
- Collaborate with various digital marketing teams (CRM, media, digital product & experiences) to identify and evaluate data-driven opportunities and optimizations across the customer journey to increase adoption, frequency, and retention
- Develop and lead the program calendar, including promotions and campaigns, to drive program growth, adoption, and engagement
- Partner with consumer insights to incorporate customer feedback and research to continually evolve and improve the Loyalty program and experience for members
- Partner with digital product management to ensure loyalty product roadmap continues to elevate the customer and crew experience both digitally (off-premise) and at the restaurant (on premise)
- Continuously evaluate industry, consumer and competitive trends as well as consumer research to determine white space and partnership opportunities for next gen loyalty mechanics and features
- Oversee the innovation pipeline for the loyalty program, building on the digital customer research and experience to deliver exceptional value and convenience for McDonald’s Loyalty Members
- Evangelize the vision and strategy for the branding of McDonald’s digital platform
- Collaborate with content team to evolve the branding for each of the supporting elements of the McDonald’s digital platform, leading with customer benefits across the journey/funnel
- Understand and own the financial details of the loyalty programs, collaborating with BI and finances teams on the right analysis and inputs to drive growth projections and business cases
Key Proficiencies include:
- 5 + years of proven experience working in digital and loyalty programs with a broad base of different experiences to drive business growth
- Experience of working in complex global organizations, preferably within consumer facing environments, with demonstrable ability to influence and lead cross-functionally
- Experience delivering proven business results for a significantly sized business unit or geography
- Highly analytical with a proven track record of turning data-driven insights into actionable plans and tactics
- Ability to work at a fast pace while managing competing priorities
- Passion for consumer behavior, trends, and innovation
- Customer-focused, entrepreneurial, and result-oriented - "can-do" leadership style that leverages creativity and pragmatism in the face of challenges
- Franchise business model experience a plus
- Experience in product management and development of digital customer experiences a plus
- Preference for clear ability to turn data into insights into action and ability to tell stories through impactful deliverables with clear narratives
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years relevant work experience or Master’s Degree and 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience leading highly visible, cross-functional strategic initiatives in a high-growth environment
- Experience in digital marketing and/or loyalty programs
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.