Manager, Global Meetings
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
As McDonald’s In-House Agency, Agency123 has multi-function oversight on a variety of support operations for McDonald’s. One being Global Meetings support. Agency123 is responsible for overseeing the planning, execution and management of several high profile global events for the McDonald’s system.
This role is designed to support all groups/markets through the implementation of a global strategic meetings management program. This individual manages the enterprise-wide meeting processes, identifies meeting spend & volume, creates standards and is responsible for identifying and leading the suppliers to achieve quantitative controls, cost savings, and risk mitigation.
Primary responsibilities include building relationships and identifying key stakeholders within home office as well as the brand’s global markets. Conduct data analysis to determine current state such as spend, process and policies. This individual will collaborate with the director to implement strategic solutions for cost savings/avoidance, process efficiencies and risk mitigation around meeting spend for the brand- while overseeing the work of other contributors to the McDonald’s Meetings program.
In addition, this role is responsible for helping manage development of McDonald’s Worldwide Convention and overseeing certain resource allocation across internal and external teams.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Accountable for the overall implementation and advancement of global strategic management program
- Works with the leadership to develop the project model conducive to each geography and culture
- Develops project scope, communication, action and tracking plans
- Initiates selective change management plans from design through implementation
- Provide project coordination and direction to the teams
- Procurement of Vendor Service Agreements (VSAs) and safeguard McDonald’s business terms
- Acquire and manage the project resources, people, and budget
- Communicate effectively with project team and clients
- Identify and manage potential challenges during the project
- Lead team toward achieving department goals and objectives
- Maintain awareness and adoption of McDonald’s Meetings Management program within the system
- Manages relationships with peers, subordinates, superiors, stakeholders, and suppliers
- Identify and communicate with stakeholders and program users as necessary
- Build and develop the project team according to their individual capabilities
- Evaluate team member performance and identify development opportunities to support growth.
- Recruit and procure Meetings suppliers
- Minimum of 7 years experience in corporate planning or hospitality operations
- Be a team player; highly motivated self-starter; able to motivate a team even under stressful conditions
- Exceptional verbal / written communication, interpersonal, organizational, customer service and teamwork skills
- Time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform efficiently under any condition
- Exercises inclusive leadership through influence, to drive processes and outcomes, while maintaining accountability to defined deliverables and timelines.
- Demonstrate a record of innovation and problem solving
- Possess strong leadership and team-building skills
- Participate in industry related associations
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to travel 25-40% of time
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4707N_743999907398362