Manager, Global Loyalty Strategy
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s is accelerating its digital offense with the goal of creating unbreakable relationships with customers faster and more personally, at scale. With focused growth, led by the McDonald’s Customer Experience organization, this offense will connect the McDonald’s Brand and products with consumers in new and more powerful ways. At the heart of the digital growth engine, is the MyMcDonald’s Reward program which aims to be the largest and most engaging Loyalty program in the world. The program will provide personalized value to our members and layer in a pipeline of bold moves to accelerate consumer connections while driving incremental growth and profitability for the McDonald’s brand.
McDonald’s is looking for a Manager, Global Loyalty Strategy to join the Global Loyalty Strategy team. This team player will help in creating, managing and socializing the Loyalty growth plan, especially focused on business cases, KPIs, budget and strategy and to achieve the long-term growth objectives for McDonald’s Loyalty. Ideal backgrounds for this role include experience in digital businesses, with a focus on driving consumer growth and monetization. Candidates should have experience building consumer-centric growth business models and both business and financial measurement. We are looking for candidates with a track record of working in fast paced and complex environments, with a desire to be at the center of a massive transformation of McDonald’s digital business. Flexibility, drive, and communication capabilities will be critical characteristics, as well as the ability to quickly build credibility among key stakeholders. This role will report to the Director, Global Loyalty Strategy.
- Global Market Activation Team
- Global Digital Product and Experience Team
- Global Business Insights Team
- Market Loyalty stakeholders
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Optimizing and socializing economic analysis frameworks to support decisions
- Using trends and consumer research along with internal and external data, contribute to setting short-term priorities and aligning long-term strategies related to the loyalty program and member experience.
- Partner with consumer insights to incorporate customer feedback and research to continually evolve and improve the Loyalty program value proposition and experience for members
- Understand the financial details of the loyalty programs, collaborating with BI and finances teams on the right analysis and inputs to drive growth projections and business cases
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to drive consumer-focused business growth
- Management of the Loyalty budget, ensuring the program is able to achieve its objectives within the money assigned to it.
- Creating tools and communications of strategy and best practices for delivery of that strategy for markets to act upon
Success for this role requires the establishment of a best-in-class membership program, driven by a strong understanding of both consumer connectivity and profitable growth.
Key Competencies include:
- Experience of working in complex global organizations, preferably within consumer facing environments, with demonstrable ability to influence and lead cross-functionally
- Highly analytical with a proven track record of turning data-driven insights into actionable plans and tactics
- Passion for consumer behavior, trends, and innovation
- Customer-focused, entrepreneurial, and result-oriented - "can-do" leadership style that leverages creativity and pragmatism in the face of challenges
- Clear ability to turn data into insights into action and ability to tell stories through impactful deliverables with clear narratives
- 4-6 years relevant experience
- Educational experience in Economics, Finance, Marketing, and/or Business Strategy
- Background influencing teams to drive decisions
- Experience translating opportunities into compelling stories, influencing the work of cross-functional partners
- Experience with digital commerce, Loyalty, or direct to consumer businesses
- Experience navigating a globally matrixed organization a plus
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.