Manager, Global Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a vision to make McDonald’s famous for our positive impact on people and the planet. Read more about McDonald’s Purpose & Impact here.
Within Global Impact, the Global Communications team (Global Media Relations, Enterprise and Employee Communications, Brand Trust, Enterprise Story Lab, Communications Measurement and our McDonald’s production & creative Agency - Agency 123) functions as a global center of excellence, co-creating with markets around the world in the development and amplification of the story of the McDonald’s brand and company narrative across multiple audiences, channels, key events, and achievements to rally the Global System and increase collaborator confidence and excitement in the business.
We’re looking for a Manager, Global Communications to drive the strategies and tactics to effectively demonstrate the power of communication as a tool to ensure business success, with a particular focus on building stakeholder understanding and confidence in the company’s future and transformation vision.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL.
- Develop and drive communications strategies and plans in support of enterprise change priorities to cultivate engagement, drive new behaviors, and ultimately, gain the confidence and support of audiences across the McDonald’s System.
- Develop human-centric storytelling approaches and content to highlight business priorities and momentum, with a particular focus on elevating the overall employee experience
- Lead efforts to establish and maintain an effective global enterprise communications calendar with the objective to enable markets and segments to identify, plan and rally around consistent enterprise moments and campaigns, ensuring greater consistency and connectivity.
- Develop content and handle workstreams for System convenings including Global Employee Town Halls, annual shareholders’ meetings and investor updates, and McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal partners to be able to identify and prioritize the most impactful initiatives.
- Contribute to broader team’s efforts to operate as a center of excellence, including being a great partner to enable proactive, strategic support that drives enterprise value.
- Leverage data and insights to ensure activities and efforts are linked to reputational measures to enhance strategic and reputational value.
- Support team operations activities such as budget and planning.
Experience in a corporate communications role, either in-house or at an agency. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strategic storyteller with the following attributes:
- Strong communications expertise that is global in nature with internal and external experience and a proven ability to craft compelling stories.
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey sophisticated issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to lead multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances.
- Strong advisory skills with the ability to offer credible advice to senior leaders.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline-driven.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.