Manager FP&A, Supply Chain
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Manager of FP&A - Supply Chain will be part of the Business Advisory Services team within the Corporate Controller Group and will support the Global Supply Chain team. The role provides financial expertise, direction, and strategic thought leadership to Global Supply Chain.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage through cross-functional teams to deliver results from direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Investigate and understand detailed drivers of spending within Global Supply Chain, and support strategies to manage and report CAPEX, OPEX, and Project costs with impact to the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements.
- Financial business partner for various Global Supply Chain Leadership team members.
- Facilitate processes surrounding the long-range plan, annual budget, quarterly forecast and monthly variance analysis within Global Supply Chain.
- Oversee month end close and projection process, including variance analysis and monthly reporting.
- Financial consulting on savings opportunities and project spend prioritization.
- Correlate large amounts of financial data into meaningful cross-functional business discussions
- Interact, influence, and build strong relationships with all areas of the Corporate Controller Group, Global Supply Chain, suppliers, markets and other McDonalds corporate departments, building open lines of communication and trust.
- Evaluate financial health risk for suppliers, lead conversations with executives at "high risk" suppliers to better understand business performance, strategies and risks.
- Other responsibilities may include: assisting with Food & Paper Projections, Variance Account Analysis, and Back Door Cost Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years’ experience, previous McDonald’s Supply Chain or Supplier experience preferred
- Strong aptitude in working with large amounts of data and navigating Excel and PowerPoint proficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively with Leadership and department owners of financial outcomes of business decisions. Ability to tell the Supply Chain Finance story
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all disciplines, levels and cultures
- Exceptional consulting and communication skills
- Strong strategic thinker, possesses outstanding leadership skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Adept at balancing competing priorities and deadlines; well organized and ability to work independently in a fast-moving environment
- Takes initiative and demonstrates creativity in finding efficiencies
- Possesses natural curiosity, asking questions when necessary to understand a situation
- Capability to evaluate data in a logical manner and draw meaningful conclusions
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.