Manager, Environmental, Social and Governance Controllership
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Manager - ESG Controllership will focus on establishing and overseeing standardized processes and controls over the data needed for quality ESG regulatory reporting both within the U.S. (SEC) and Europe (CSRD). This person will partner cross-functionally with other teams to improve and modernize processes, documentation, and technology solutions for ESG disclosures used in external reporting.
- Partner closely with Sustainability/Impact team, Corporate Secretary Office, Legal, and Communications on ESG regulatory reporting requirements, trends, and frameworks
- Assess needs and ensure ESG regulatory compliance, data and disclosure integrity and readiness for assurance of reporting
- Develop and implement vital processes, controls, and systems (e.g., technology), to improve the effectiveness of the ESG reporting processes for goals, commitments, critical metrics, and other ESG disclosures
- Support disclosure owners and providers of ESG information in documenting and enhancing internal controls over both financial and nonfinancial information.
- Support in establishing policies and procedures to collect, consolidate and validate all disclosed information.
- Drive end-to-end controls, consistency, and accountability
- Educate market teams on process and control improvements needed to elevate the quality of ESG data
- Liaise with external vendors that manage ESG data for McDonald’s regarding data quality and controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience (previous ESG experience preferred)
- Public Accounting experience or experience managing sophisticated processes and controls
- Self-starter that can innovate the process of idea to execution through demonstrated project management experience, including leading partners and timeline dependencies to results
- Excellent communicator with ability to adapt & simplify messaging for various audiences & levels in the organization
- Capable of establishing trust and strong business relationships
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4646G_743999908017793