Manager, Enterprise and Employee Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, splitting our time between remote work and connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a vision to make McDonald’s famous for our positive impact on people and the planet. Read more about McDonald’s Purpose & Impact here. Within Global Impact, the Global Communications team (Global Media Relations, Enterprise and Employee Communications, Brand Trust, Enterprise Story Lab, Communications Measurement and our McDonald’s production & creative Agency - Agency 123) functions as a global center of excellence, co-creating with markets around the world in the development and amplification of the story of the McDonald’s brand and company narrative across multiple audiences, channels, key events, and milestones to rally the Global System and increase stakeholder confidence and excitement in the business.
We’re looking for a Manager, Enterprise and Employee Communications to drive the strategies and tactics to effectively demonstrate the power of communication as a tool to ensure business success, with a particular focus on building employee understanding and confidence in the company’s future and transformation vision.
- Develop and drive communications strategies and plans in support of enterprise change priorities including employee-focused activities/campaigns to foster engagement, drive new behaviors, and ultimately, gain the confidence and support of audiences across the McDonald’s System.
- Develop human-centric storytelling approaches and content to highlight business priorities and momentum within the McDonald’s System, with a particular focus on elevating the overall employee experience
- Develop and lead employee brand ambassador program using relevant tools and platforms to amplify employee voices around McDonald’s business priorities and transformation efforts.
- Manage efforts to establish and maintain an effective global enterprise communications calendar with the objective to enable markets and segments to identify, plan and rally around consistent enterprise moments and campaigns, ensuring greater consistency and connectivity.
- Develop content and manage workstreams for System convenings including Global Employee Town Halls, annual shareholders’ meetings and investor updates, and McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders to be able to identify, sequence and prioritize the most impactful initiatives.
- Contribute to broader team’s efforts to operate as a center of excellence, including managing functional service level agreements (SLAs) with designated stakeholders to enable proactive, strategic support that drives enterprise value.
- Leverage data and insights to ensure activities and efforts are linked to reputational measures to maximize strategic and reputational value.
- Support team operations activities such as budget and planning.
Experience in a corporate communications role, either in-house or at an agency. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strategic storyteller with the following attributes:
- Deep communications expertise that is global in nature with internal and external experience and a demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories. Experience in internal/employee communications and/or communicating around enterprise transformation efforts is preferred.
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- BA in Communications is preferred
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances.
- Strong advisory skills with the ability to offer credible advice to senior leaders.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline-driven.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL.Additional Information:
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.