Manager - Data Solutions Architect
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Manager - Data Solution Architect
McDonald’s is in search of an experienced Data Solution Architect with proficiency in delivering data-driven architectural design solutions. In this role, you will provide end-to-end data design solutions, conduct solution reviews, recommend optimal and scalable data integration design patterns, and effectively communicate with a diverse team - data architects, data engineers, and product development teams. Join us in shaping the future of data solutions, harnessing the power of AWS cloud services, and driving innovation at McDonald’s.
- Design Robust Data Architecture Solutions: Play a pivotal role in designing robust, scalable, and innovative data architecture solutions that meet the needs of critical business applications, BI reporting, and advanced analytics.
- Expertise and Thought Leadership: Act as a subject matter expert, providing guidance, thought leadership, and best practices in data architecture design and cloud solutions.
- ETL/ELT Solution Design: Provide architect and design solutions using ETL technologies to ensure robust batch and micro-batch data integrations.
- AWS Data Integration: Solution real-time or near real-time data integrations using AWS services such as Glue, Lambda, Kenesis, and Kafka (MSK).
- Performance Assurance: Ensure AWS data solutions are performant, scalable, and reliable.
- Cost-Efficiency: Design solutions that are optimized for the cloud, emphasizing transient cloud services for flexibility in scaling and ensuring cost efficiency.
- Technical Reviews and Best Practices: Lead technical reviews, emphasizing the dissemination of best practices and standards.
- Stay Current: Keep updated with the latest AWS services and capabilities to design competitive and modern cloud-based data solutions.
- Data Governance and Compliance: Ensure that data solutions adhere to data governance, security, and compliance standards. Collaborate closely with security teams on vulnerability assessments and the implementation of necessary security measures.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions with cloud services like AWS, AZURE, or GCP - AWS strongly preferred.
- 5+ years advance SQL and python coding experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience with ETL tools such as Talend, DBT, or Informatica.
- 3+ years of experience designing AWS Glue, Lambda, Kenesis, or Kafka data integration pipelines for real-time or near real-time data ingestion.
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS and no-SQL database technologies - AWS Redshift, RDS AuroraDB and DynamoDB, and Snowflake preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD and CT frameworks.
- AWS Solution Architect Certification - minimum Associate.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.