Manager - Data Architect
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As a key member of McDonald’s Global Data Architecture team, the Data Architect will design both logical and physical data models, ensure accurate meta data definitions, create source-to-target mapping documents, and analyze new data sources. The ideal candidate will have proven hands-on experience in data architecture design, specifically for advanced analytics and data warehousing platforms. This encompasses understanding the intricacies of various data models, ensuring maximum performance, and aligning designs with the business objectives. A demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with data strategy teams, data analysts, and other key stakeholders to address data requirements is essential. Your commitment to ongoing improvements in data architecture design and management will play a pivotal role in enhancing our data-driven endeavors.
- Hands-on design, development, deployment, and management of data architecture solutions. Ensure that the solutions are scalable, flexible, and tailored for advanced analytics and data warehousing scenarios across various database technologies including AWS Redshift, Databricks, and Snowflake.
- Participate in data governance initiatives. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help drive best practices, emphasizing data accuracy, security, and ensuring that all architectures are in line with regulatory compliance standards.
- Utilize tools such as ERwin for advanced data modeling, ensuring optimal schema designs that align with business analytics and warehousing needs.
- Generate data solution architecture blueprints, data flow diagrams, data impact analysis, and comprehensive data design documents to facilitate understanding and streamline implementation.
- Meet with data analysts, business intelligence teams, and other key stakeholders to gather, understand, and address complex data requirements. Ensure that the data solutions designed are both technically sound and aligned with business needs.
- Regularly review and refine data architectures for optimal performance. Work closely with the database management and analytics teams to identify bottlenecks and implement solutions.
- Work closely with the IT security team to ensure that all data architectures adhere to strict security protocols, ensuring data privacy and protection.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and best practices in data architecture. Continuously evaluate the existing architectures and processes, recommending and implementing improvements as necessary.
- Be skilled at conveying complex ideas in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring communication strategies based on the audience and the nature of the project.
- Proven track record of working autonomously to deliver high quality data models in an agile environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology, or a related field.
- 3+ years in data architecture: expertise in ER, dimensional, canonical models; tailored designs for advanced analytics and data warehousing; collaboration with BI and analytics teams.
- 3+ years of experience with ERwin Data Modeler: expertise in logical, physical, and conceptual modeling; ability to translate business requirements.
- Familiarity with ERwin's collaboration capabilities and integration with other data management tools is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud services like AWS, AZURE, or GCP - AWS preferred.
- 3+ years of experience coding advance SQL and experience with database technologies like Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks, or BigQuery.
- Understanding of data processing frameworks and pipelines utilizing cloud managed services and tools like Talend, Informatica, or DBT.
- Expertise in creating and managing Data Lake architectures a plus.
- Experience with data governance tools like Collibra a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- Deep expertise in data architecture design, demonstrating mastery in crafting ER (Entity-Relationship), dimensional, and canonical modeling techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in data governance, data management, and data quality geared towards data analytics, data science and GenAI contexts.
- Adept at leveraging ERwin's features to design complex data structures, ensure data integrity, and support database optimization efforts.
- Excellent written, verbal, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-driven with ability to set priorities and mentor others in a performance driven environment.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.