Manager, Communications Measurement & Insights
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s is seeking a multifaceted Communications Measurement & Insights (CM&I) Manager to join Global Communications within the Global Impact function. The role is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a new CM&I team and the future of Communications at one of the most recognizable brands in the world. It requires an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for data, and a desire to make an impact.
As a member of CM&I, you will help strengthen communications and reputation initiatives by facilitating data-informed, strategic decision-making. The team leverages primary stakeholder research, traditional/social media data, and channel analytics to collect, analyze, and share insights.
Each CM&I Manager drives the implementation and continuous development of a center of excellence (COE) infrastructure, which includes standardizing planning/measurement frameworks, playbooks, processes, deliverables, and points of integration across McDonald’s international markets.
This person will be responsible for leading the team’s COE strategy and infrastructure, in addition to overseeing trend analyses, strategic planning support, media monitoring, and issues/crisis reporting.
Center of Excellence Infrastructure Implementation & Development:
- Drive execution of CM&I’s roadmap and plans for scaling the infrastructure across international markets.
- Support Director in gaining adoption and understanding with internal/external teams.
- Aid in the creation of a CM&I Hub as a resource for partners, outlining key details on processes, tools, KPIs/metrics, goals, and deliverables.
- Have a strong familiarity with CM&I’s reputation and performance workstreams and partner with teammates on integrated solutions.
- Test and optimize the infrastructure and processes to ensure CM&I is effectively supporting its colleagues.
- Further align CM&I’s strategy with key business departments (Consumer Insights), Global Impact (Sustainability & ESG, Government Relations, RMHC), and agency partners
- Design intake forms to streamline and track requests.
Issues/Trends Measurement & Insights
- Trend Analyses: Lead analyses on audience interests and expectations regarding social issues, along with historical, competitive, industry, and/or geopolitical traditional/social media data to guide brand actions. Facilitate ongoing trends tracking to support external communications strategies
- Strategic Planning Support: Leverage results from a quantitative reputation research tracking study and ad-hoc flash polling to understand potential risks/opportunities and how McDonald’s may address them. Partner closely with CM&I’s Reputation Manager to develop communications insights for planning
- Issues/Crisis Reporting: Determine the potential short and long-term impact of an issue on reputation. Manage the Dashboard monitoring of traditional/social media, benchmark selection, data integration from primary research and/or internal sources (Customer Care, Government feedback), and agency reporting. Provide updates to working teams and Senior Leadership
- Media Monitoring: Supervise real-time alerting designed for the Media team and daily Global and local briefings to the wider organization
- Over 6+ years experience working in data and analytics, insights, and communications/public relations.
- Traditional (online news, blog, print, broadcast) and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) monitoring and measurement experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage agency partners and build internal relationships.
- Ability to inform strategic communications decision-making through data
- Results-oriented, self-starter with proven experience in implementing solutions, from concept to execution of new ideas, independently or in partnership with others.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4731E_743999907239283
- Public Relations