Manager, Brand Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to cultivate community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here. As part of operationalizing the Global Impact function, we have created the North America Impact team to bring together Communications, Government Relations, Sustainability & ESG, and Philanthropy to support the North American business, in alignment with McDonald's Impact priorities.
We’re looking for a Manager, Brand Communications to help create and lead the brand and reputation of one of the most recognized brands in the world.
You will bring your excellent communications/PR skills to help create, develop, manage, and execute Communications priorities and insights-led plans across paid, earned, and owned channels reaching and engaging with defined audiences (e.g., opinion influencers, community influencers, consumers) with creative excellence in mind, focused on earning brand trust and affinity in the US.
- In partnership with the Director, Brand Communications and team - develop, lead and implement compelling communications campaigns and brand actions that align to McDonald’s brand strategy and Impact platform.
- Lead major external campaign elements and activations that are credible, culture-driving, buzz-worthy and uniquely McDonald’s.
- Manage agency partners, driving collaboration, prioritization and insights-driven, bold creative ideas.
- Partner with cross-functional partners including but not limited to marketing, people team, operations, strategy, impact, and Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Partner closely with agencies and Insights team to manage and measure audiences as well as awareness, persuasion and trust metrics to ensure strategies are moving the needle.
- Collaborate with brand teams responsible for developing compelling content and creative that articulates the company's purpose and brings its leadership platform to life across a range of media channels.
- Nimbly adjust strategy and creative thinking on projects as needed and as the environment shifts
- Handle ad-hoc requests with enthusiasm and a strategic mindset.
- Complete all routine administrative functions (e.g., expense reports, budgets, etc.) in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Some travel may be required, domestic and international.
- 5-7 years experience in a brand/consumer communications role, either in-house or at an agency.
- Relevant communications expertise that includes external (stakeholder, influencer, consumer, earned media) and multicultural experience.
- Strong understanding of diverse cultural audiences and leveraging key cultural insights to drive communications strategies.
- Strong ability to lead working teams and agency partners
- Agile and resilient to drive outcomes and operate in the grey
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances.
- Strong advisory skills with the ability to offer credible advice to senior leaders.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline-driven.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.