Learning Coordinator- Hamburger University
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Hamburger University (HU) National Learning Coordinator within US Learning & Development (L&D).
Our HU National Learning Coordinators are key to administering and coordinating the implementation of world class learning experiences. They bring to life our values and are role models of our cultural pillars each day through everything they do.
This position is responsible for:
- Managing class registrations for on-site and virtual classes
- Connecting with Operators and other stakeholders as needed
- Coordinating hotel and classroom needs for on-site classes and supports the facilitator team and leadership with class material needs, including reporting, prior to, during, and following classes
- Supporting customer service and sales tasks with the HU brand store and HU Guest Experience Leader (GEL) desk and assists field Operators and staff with any needs pertaining to classes at HU and field.
- Supporting US L&D's execution of priorities as well as departments and projects as needed.
Candidates must live within commuting distance of MHQ. No relocation assistance is available at this time.
- Prior knowledge and experience with learning management systems (LMS), Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), WebEx, and Outlook
- Customer service and administrative support functions such as scheduling, coordination, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience supporting key stakeholders in administrative and project work
- Prior Learning & Development (L&D) experience a plus. Restaurant/Retail operations experience preferred.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.