Lead Machine Learning Ops Engineer
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru and Development). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Lead Machine Learning Ops Engineer
Join the Global Technology Data & Analytics team at McDonald’s as a Lead Machine Learning Ops Engineer. As a pivotal figure, you will lead our ML engineering initiatives, collaborating with a diverse team of data scientists, data analytics engineers, and data product managers. This is an exciting phase for McDonald’s, representing a unique opportunity to shape the direction as we expand our analytics and ML engineering capabilities.
- Design, build and ideate the ML deployment framework to automate ML model deployment & automated model retraining
- Implement ML deployment framework to productionize data science models at scale and ensure ongoing monitoring & governance.
- Develop CI/CD pipeline and automation to account for data, code & model changes.
- Collaborate globally with data scientists, data engineers, and architects to define and implement technical architecture blueprint for ML solutions.
- Build and maintain tools and infrastructure for ML development initiatives.
- Develop and update technical documentation for senior leaders and colleagues to serve as a reference guide for ML standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, statistics, or other field with a quantitative component is required; master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying data science models, preferably with ML platforms like Databricks or similar.
- 3+ years of MLOps experience, familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS.
- 3+ years of experience with MLOps tools such as MLFlow, Kubeflow, or similar
- Proficient in coding advance SQL and Python.
- Expertise in ML pipeline architectural design.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) frameworks.
- Proven track record in scaling and overseeing large-scale ML pipelines.
- Familiarity with contemporary ML libraries and technologies.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication abilities.
- Self-driven with ability to set priorities and mentor others in a performance driven environment.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.