HR Transformation - Organizational Design Lead
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Organization Design Lead facilitates the development of the detailed HR Organization Design and Talent strategy activities. This development is necessary to implement the future state Global People Organization structure needed to achieve the people strategy and business outcomes!
This design lead is accountable for partnering with the 3rd party vendor Organization Design Lead and Global People leadership to define and size the jobs and teams in accordance with the HR Operating Model blueprint and Business Case. The Organization Design Lead will engage with the Talent Management on the Workforce transition plan and activities required to shift into the future state Global People Organization structure.
Please note: This post is aligned with US requirements and is in accordance with US hiring practices.
- Use data and analytics to make decisions on Organization Design leading practices, ensuring a solution is aligned to the design parameters, operating model principles and business case
- Understand customer requirements and define the Key Performance Indicators that are critical for quality tracking and evaluation of Organization Design implementation
- Review the to-be Business Process Design to understand organization/role impacts, and create Role Descriptions for retained organization
- Design the jobs and teams including mapping jobs to roles, defining skills requirements, and designing teams and reporting relationships
- Define the to-be skills/knowledge requirements for the affected workforce and the characteristics of the current workforce
- Design and conduct a Skills Assessment to measure the baseline skills of the affected workforce, and create a plan to close the gap between current and required skills
- Align the performance objectives, behaviors, and incentives with the Job Designs and Team Designs
- Identify the critical/redundant jobs and develop/support the execution of the Job Sourcing Plan to achieve the business objectives
- Develop the competency model and role descriptions
- Develop the organization transition approach to help the organization implement the planned changes
- Support the organization throughout its transition
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date
- Experience with organizational design, talent management and implementation of new organizational structures for a large-scale transformation
- Demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Strong leadership skills; operates as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences
- Experience working within a matrix organization with multiple functions (operations, commercial, finance, procurement, etc.)
- Interact with senior leaders and able to effectively facilitate clients, speak with confidence and manage multiple client priorities
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Type: Remote
Req ID: REF4356D_743999891441093
- Human Resources