HR People Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
The HR People Supervisor focuses on the execution of People processes and tools in assigned center(s). They advise and provide direction as appropriate to Operations Manager(s)/Operations Supervisors/restaurant staff on HR-related issues. With support from the HR Manager, they will demonstrate Global Community Of Experts to provide expert assistance to company-owned restaurants.
- Work with Ops Manager(s) to identify key People priorities across the Profit Center(s), help implement the Profit Center People action plan aligned with the National People Strategy
- With the HR Manager, you will contribute to the execution of the Region’s People Plan
- Provides mentoring, training, counsel, and direction to Operations
- Assist People leaders and restaurant managers in conducting on-boarding/ orientation and exit/off-boarding
- Partner with Operations to deliver on all aspects of Staffing, Performance Management, and Retention
- Recruitment, Interviewing, Selection, Orientation
- Required employee documentation and file administration
- Crew performance appraisal and wage management
- Restaurant-level benefits, incentives and awards & leading performance standards
- Accurate management of leaves of absences and Worker’s Comp cases
- Disciplinary actions including termination
- Owning the People aspect of restaurant divestitures/acquisitions
- Educate, inform, and assess to help ensure restaurants execute/comply with People initiatives and tools
- Employee engagement and commitment programs
- Workforce Planning - optimally anticipate restaurant management needs, help Ops Supervisors and General Managers develop and execute a plan
- Succession Planning - Coach and advise partners to ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the needs of the restaurants
- Employee Development
- Develop and help ensure development of GMs, DMs
- Support education/training/coaching to help People leaders be more effective
- Implement and ensure proper execution of People policies and practices
- Partner with HR Manager and Employee Relations COE to ensure employee engagement initiatives are effectively executed including (but not limited to):
- Investigations into potential violations
- Plans and practices that provide a fair, equitable, and respectful work environment
- Assist in deploying change initiatives through education and training for Operations staff and restaurant management
The role will require regular travel.Qualifications:
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Field HR experience is preferred
- HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor's degree
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.