HR Manager, Center HR
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
We are looking for an HR Manager who will report to a Director, HR Business Partner as part of the Center HR team. This person will provide HR business partnership and support to McDonald’s corporate functional leadership and staff. The HR Manager uses strong relationships and collaborating skills to support the people management of aligned functions, passionate about building leadership capabilities within the organization. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, compensation and performance management, employee relations and staff development. Key partners include global staff and leadership teams across multiple departments within a function (Global People).
In this role, you will:
- Actively support the development and execution of Global People’s strategic plans, ensuring that people are positioned to get results.
- Advise and coach functional leaders on organizational decisions (e.g., staffing, development, employee relations) to ensure that they align with people strategies.
- Anticipate and assess the gaps between business needs and people systems/capabilities within function and uses information to drive appropriate actions.
- Partner with Director (HRBP) to coordinate, execute and embed all talent planning activities (goal setting, development planning, succession planning, annual year-end compensation and performance review process, etc.) with a focus on developing robust teams
- Works collaboratively with HR and Legal colleagues in international markets and across global functions in support of global clients on matters of employment contracts, compensation and employee relations
- Works with recruiting and rewards partners on talent selection, job descriptions, leveling of new roles, pay inquiries and recognition
- Function as a liaison aligning efforts of functional partners with other corporate departments.
- Provide change management, training and development as needed on HR policies, practices and initiative deployments. Coordinate with COEs on HR initiatives and changes affecting the functions.
- Interface with HR Operations regularly to identify opportunities to leverage the team in support of Global Functions
- Consistently utilize available HR platforms to maximize efficiency, for example Speak Up to HR/People Place platform
- Craft client-ready communications, presentations and data reports
- Manage special projects across the HR team, engaging partners and managing communication plans
- Support a culture of inclusion and engagement within the Center HR team and the functions s/he supports.
- Experience in HR Generalist or Business Partner role
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field with an advanced degree preferred
- Experience with supporting a globally dispersed workforce
- Comfort working with and presenting to executives
- Experience with employee relations and legal investigations in the US
- Ability to successfully execute against multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to use disparate workforce datasets to help design and drive adoption of people programs
- Exceptional communication style with an ability to adapt approach to meet needs of audience
- Demonstrated ability to create relationships and influence partners
- Adept at forging a collaborative approach and aligning team members/resources to achieve outcomes
- Experience with developing and delivering group presentations
- Comfort with Word, PowerPoint and collaborative technologies; high Excel proficiency is required
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start dateAdditional Information:
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.