Hamburger University Facilitator
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Hamburger University (HU) Facilitator is part of the US Learning & Development Center of Excellence during a period of unprecedented innovation and advancement. The HU Facilitator is a key contributor to delivering world class learning experiences. This role will bring to life our values and is a role model of our cultural pillars each day through everything s/he does.
The HU Facilitator is responsible for facilitating learning solutions in classroom and virtual formats, building individuals' leadership and job-specific competencies, and improving individuals' performance and contribution to business results.
The HU Facilitator is required to stay current on business initiatives and resources to enhance his/her ability to provide leadership to others and maximize business results. This individual may participate in needs analysis (discovery) of learning needs, recommending and evaluating learning solutions. In addition, this position supports US L&D's execution of priorities as well as departments and projects as needed.
This person is a self-starter and can execute under minimal supervision. Must be a strong communicator; able to seek new ways of doing things, open to new ways of thinking, and demonstrate agility in unfamiliar situations. This person must be proactive in driving accountability for improvements and will have an integral role in reinventing training for the U.S. Market.
This role may include travel up to 10%.
HU Facilitators will report to a National Learning Manager within HU.
- Facilitates learning with instruction for all levels in classroom and virtual formats
- Represents and maintains awareness of the brand and department across the organization
- Communicates clearly and expressively and is easily understood, makes concise points, and displays appropriate level of energy
- Collaborates effectively with co/facilitator (team training) and/or producer to leverage technology in the classroom
- Demonstrates proficiency with unique features of classroom technology to sustain learner engagement
- Manages and develops relationships to work collaboratively with peers, superiors, customers and vendors
- Assists with needs analysis, design, and development of learning solutions; supports with recommendation of learning or performance solution
- Supports evaluation and measurement of programs and implements improvements as needed
- Coordinates logistics according to budget and other project criteria
- Supports team toward achieving department goals, objectives and priorities
- Consults and liaises with field training and field operations
- Demonstrates self-awareness and flexibility; open and responsive to feedback
- Strong track record of performance; preferred Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate L&D classroom and/or virtual facilitation preferred
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory and principles
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
- Strong listening ability to comprehend and draw connections for learning
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and perform effectively under any condition
- Team player, highly motivated self-starter even under stressful conditions
- Strong ability to work with multiple internal and external customers and subject matter experts
- Advocate for personal development that maintains field relevance and future interests and applications.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) or related applications preferred
- Working proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working proficiency with WebEx (Cisco Suite: Training Center, Meetings, and Events)
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Culturally competent and sensitive to diversity
- Authentic and with a high degree of integrity
- Able to keep an eye on the big picture while working in the details
- Prior experience in the Informal Eating Out (IEO) or Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) industries, operations, customer service and sales functions preferred
- Nice to have: Spanish speaking capabilities
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4287L_743999908070988