GTIO Technical Consultant
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The GTIO Tech Consultant’s role is to support the Partner Enablement Product Owners in setting, prioritizing, accepting and deploying the GTIO global product portfolio. The role reports to the GTIO Sr. Director of Global Partner Enablement and will provide foundational support to the Regional Product Owners. The tech consultant will manage and interpret the product portfolio data, ROI and cost implications, aide in product roadmap development and backlog management.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Support product owners in maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Aide in translation of product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Aide in developing and maintaining appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Work with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Partner with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization
- Support a team responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products.
- Collaborate with global commercial services partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Aide in using data insights for developing products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, software engineering or related field
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and technical skills
- Ability to engage with and answer questions from senior executives
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Skills with Office, Microsoft Excel, stored procedures or other data tooling
- Capability working with customers, presentations, and participating in requirements sessions.
- Understanding of the complete software implementation lifecycle - including data requirements gathering, dataset migration, data reconciliation, and move to production.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-organizational partners, both corporate and in the market, to define requirements and resolve data issues.
- Capable of experience mapping, transforming, and loading data from source to target software systems.
- Understanding and experience using database languages such as SQL or Python
- Experience using GitHub.
- Experience with Python and/or Ruby
- 4+ years of relevant technology work experience and a Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years relevant work experience and a Master’s degree.
- Experience with data migration, integration development, report building, or software development.
- Experience with technical consulting, requirements gathering, or solution design.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.