GTIO Director Operations Excellence
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
This Director role leads a team of technical consultants and reports to the VP of GTIO. The GTIO Operations Excellence team works closely with the entire technology leadership team. The GTIO Director Operations Excellence will lead and anticipate the strategic and tactical needs for GTIO while overseeing the translation of business needs into effective IT road map processes and technical solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonald’s environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Work with the GTIO team to upskill people across the organization, enabling stakeholders on key business differentiators across strategy execution and value cases for GTIO
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate, strengthen and deliver GTIO processes including data gathering, tooling, and reporting for senior leadership
- Define, deliver, and lead the implementation of cross-functional GTIO strategies, roadmap sequencing, budgeting, and innovation processes
- Lead the development and execution of strategy and operations aligned to Global Technology (GT) and larger McDonald’s organizational objectives
- Create, measure and track value realization in data driven decisions for performance measures, scorecards, and performance metrics. This leader is key to drive value from GTIO and to our overall McDonald’s Ecosystem
- Deploy goals and objectives as cascaded by executive leadership and to GTIO, partner with GTIO Tower Leaders to articulate goals and deploy to team members
- Facilitate regular GTIO leadership team meetings, participate, support agenda drafting, capture actions and follow-up with task assignment and prompt resolution. Facilitate and plan GTIO team events
- Accountable for managing projects, facilitating change, coordinating tasks, and helping GTIO team members with awareness and accountability
- Manage budget and directs activities of teams and projects, coordinate across GTIO
- Work with and across the GTIO Towers supplying opportunities for cooperation, alignment, and optimization
- Manage tasks, milestones, and deliverables, aligned with the Office of the CIO (OCIO), across Global Technology, and to leadership expectations
- Facilitate effective delivery of updates and information in periodic leadership forums including monthly and quarterly business reviews, GTIO highlights, deep-dives, OCIO requests
- Support operational financials tool development, process maturity, and effective deployment to GTIO
- Lead and curate Agile Journey and Ways of Working across GTIO, as aligned with McDonald’s and OCIO expectations and industry best practices
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources towards the achievement of outlined objectives
- Strong execution and outcome-based mindset
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict
- Ability to validate data obtained via various techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence multiple parties towards common goals
- Highly collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative critical thinking skills
- Highly organized and meticulous, with the ability to keep diverse and multiple engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
- Naturally elevates others and creates a culture of belonging through engaging high-performing teams
- 10+ years of technology capability experience across various IT and business practices, including technology infrastructure leadership, service management leadership, technology operations, data management, business relationship management, business process improvement
- 5+ years’ experience in partnering with senior and executive level leadership to produce product roadmaps
- Demonstrated experience with consistent, professional, and timely technology communications
- Experience with overseeing work done in these tools, or actual firsthand experience in:
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, Planner/To-Do/Tasks, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Smartsheet (managing, curating, dashboards)
- Data visualization (PowerBI, Tableau)
- Process mapping, design, and improvement (Visio, Miro, Roadmunk)
- Process documentation (MS Word, OneNote, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with best practices for chargeback models and shared services
- Strong experience in process improvement, with an emphasis on analytics and process management (prior experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools preferred)
- Ability to generate compelling business cases and translate to action
- Experience with supporting, driving, and cultivation an environment of innovation
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology/Business/Operations or similar
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4410Z_743999893879834
- Information Technology