GTIO Director, Global Network Security
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Network Infrastructure & Operations and working closely with the entire technology leadership team, the GTIO Director, Global Network Security Platforms Director will lead the team; anticipate and manage the strategic and tactical needs for GTIO while overseeing the translation of business needs into effective IT processes, business excellence and technical solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonald’s environment.
- Lead key Network Security Platform teams (e.g. SOC, SIEM, Firewall, VPN, ZTN, SSE, etc..) providing strategic vision while balancing near-term deliverables.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of managers, architects and engineering professionals and set clear priorities to achieve enterprise goals and KPIs.
- Develop and deliver cohesive vision, strategy and roadmaps for key Network Security Platforms in partnership with the Restaurant and Office Network Product teams; Network Platform team, GTIO leadership and external stakeholders.
- Plan and execute appropriate protective measures to include policy, process, and overall network cybersecurity hygiene within the ecosystem
- Direct and facilitate the adoption and improvement of our Network Security Platforms.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy, quality, security, and usability of all network security platforms.
- Understand global and regional network security requirements and lead transformation, standardization and innovation efforts.
- Understand McDonald’s current landscape of tools, processes, standards, automation, monitoring, hardware and more.
- Lead assessments and vendor selection in order to develop and deploy cutting edge platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology.
- Ensure network operations are conducted according to corporate standards, and in compliance with external best practices as defined in company objectives
- Reviews appropriateness of technologies used for network components and recommends modifications and/or upgrades when necessary to keep systems operating according to defined service level agreements and operating level agreements.
- Assists with the audit and management of GTIO global platforms identifying gaps and needs in corporate teams, segments, markets and restaurants.
- Communicates changes in technology and services from the IT department to the appropriate channels and personnel.
- Contributes to the performance of a team by overseeing work of other managers. Identifies and solves complex problems potentially impacting the broader function; creates methods to address current and future customer needs.
- Accountable for managing projects with moderate risk. Manages budget and directs activities of the project’s teams.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles, including leading teams of employees.
- Subject matter expert in many facets of network & information security, including SIEM use case creation, vulnerability analysis & mitigation, end point protection, and other topics as assigned.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of a network SOC cybersecurity policies and regulatory controls threats, vulnerabilities, and overall risk profile of the enterprise.
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict.
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Ability to conduct research into issues, solutions, products and evaluate emerging technologies, translating them into roadmaps and leadership presentation materials.
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business friendly language.
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence multiple parties towards common goals.
- Highly collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep many engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Naturally elevates others and creates a culture of belonging through engaging high-performing teams.
- 10+ years of technology capability deployment experience across multiple IT practices that may include infrastructure leadership, service management leadership, technology operations, cloud, networking, engineering, data management, cyber security, end user computing, and business relationship management.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, building, supporting and managing core enterprise networks: Routing, Switching, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, VPN, MPLS, Firewall, VPN, WAF, CDN, DNS, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Network Security engineering and operations. E.g., SOC, SIEM, SWG, SASE, Cloud Security and Firewall.
- 2+ years of experience working and collaboration in globally dispersed team.
- Experienced with NOC and SOC management and operations.
- Experienced with automation tools and platforms, Ansible preferred.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes.
- Experience working with an Agile environment with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, Backlogs, Sprints and written Stories and deliverables. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Strong experience in overall Infrastructure and Operations including (Network, Cloud, End User Compute, Service Management, Engineering).
- Ability to generate compelling business cases and translate to action.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology.
- CCIE/CCNP/CCDP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- CISSP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Scrum PAL-E and/or PSPO certification are advantageous.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.