GTIO Director, Enterprise Change & Release
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
As the Director of Change & Release, you will be responsible for ensuring that the change management process, change automation, and change standards support the availability, scalability, and reliability of our customer and store systems. You will work closely with the change and development teams to ensure that teams are deploying highly available and fault-tolerant systems. You will also be responsible for proactively determining the process and quality gaps behind critical issues in production that are the consequences of changes.
- Build and maintain tools, process, automation, and governance of standards for a fast-paced systems ecosystem.
- Develop and implement automation for deployment including the automated gateways and steps used to ensure deployments meet the change standards.
- Proactively monitor and determine the DevOps process and quality gaps behind critical issues in production that are the consequences of changes.
- Work with the development team to identify and connect their DevOps practices to the change management automation and tooling.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that security and compliance are considered by change automation and standards.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery and business continuity compliance gates in the change management approval automation and governance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of devops, automation, e-commerce systems and modern deployment tools such as AWS DevOps, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Argo CD, Harness.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages, such as Python, Java, or Ruby.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- If you are passionate about ensuring the availability and reliability of e-commerce systems through automation and change controls and have a strong technical background, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4813Y_743999908299778
- Information Technology