Global Technology Senior Manager, Program Management Office
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Strategy & Planning team is focused on strategy formulation and prioritization, strategic and operational planning, program management, and vendor management efforts while building next-gen Total Cost of Ownership capabilities.
The Sr. Manager, Program Management Office (PMO) role reports to the Director, Global Technology, PMO. This role leads and directs projects that are very cross-functional and highly complex using different development methods which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead project plans, roadmaps and execution to achieve the project goal using various development methods (i.e Agile, Waterfall, etc)
- Lead project changes using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project on track.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to supervise the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all collaborators.
- Align collaborators and team members by ensuring a common understanding of expectations for the project.
- Depending on the development method used for the project, may be responsible for leading / recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with partners in order to establish the project results, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Work to implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate risks.
- Document high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
- Lead the adoption of key findings from project retrospectives.
- Improve team performance by leading, mentoring, training, and communicating effectively. Treat people with respect.
- Act as a mentor with the adoption of PMO processes and standards.
- Leverage knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Define project roles, responsibilities, methodology, tools and standard processes.
- Leverage shared services.
- Provide input on delivery model and standard methodologies.
- Support, lead, or ensure the standardization of processes for implementing projects across all clients, in accordance with standard processes related to the SDLC and ADLC.
- Identify and/or elevate ideas for improving the delivery model offer and methodologies.
- Implement short term strategy for function.
- Contributes to the performance of a team by supervising work of other managers.
- Effect change within a function without direct exercise of command. Can be internal and external and primarily of shared interested.
- Solve difficult problems impacting a team or project; identify ways to improve current customer needs.
- Accountable for leading projects using various development methods (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, etc) with moderate risk. Manages budget and directs activities of the project teams.
- Executes necessary charters depending on the project.
- 6 - 8 years’ experience required: Prior corporate and global project management experience required with 6+ years managing projects.
- Demonstrates as a deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Project Management process and tools.
- Coaches client team(s) on effective consulting for projects.
- Experience communicating effectively with high levels of management and direct client contact.
- Experience with software methodology development processes (i.e. ADLC, SDLC, Lean).
- Ability to create presentations and write business cases for senior leadership.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple key business priorities.
- Project budgeting/costing expertise.
- Ability to solve very complex problems and deal with a variety of work situations.
- Strong understanding of a variety of technology solutions.
- Highly experienced with dev/ops principles.
- Motivational leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required: Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred; Agile Certifications preferred (e.g. PSM, CSM, etc.) or equivalent work experience preferred.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.