Global Technology Director, Program Management Office
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Strategy & Planning team is focused on strategy formulation and prioritization, strategic and operational planning, program management, and vendor management efforts while building next-gen Total Cost of Ownership capabilities.
The Director, Program Management Office (PMO) role reports to the Sr. Director, Global Technology, PMO. This role is responsible for driving excellence across the Global organization and leading strategic programs for technology. The Director oversees the portfolio and provides direction and leadership to the team ensuring successful delivery and value realization.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead the business and technical community on Project and Program management processes:
- Strong ability to tackle sophisticated problems that have a broad impact on the function.
- Ensures efforts are aligned to organizational strategic objectives.
- Holds primary financial accountability for a significant portion of functional resources across multiple levels of leadership with an impact on the entire company.
- Develop project management support policies, standards and procedures that can be consistently applied and demonstrated across the business in support of delivering for our clients.
- Ensure coverage of all areas of expertise vital to support and grow the business within the PMO Director’s area of responsibility. Build and maintain staffing plans to support the current and future work demands, project results and succession planning talent pipelines.
- Advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status and resource planning for delivering strategic business initiatives.
- Accountable for leading special projects and company initiatives using a team of expert project and program managers.
- Allocates appropriate resources to ensure that projects, improvements and support is/are completed within committed time, scope and budget.
- Influences and advocates for the work between key collaborators, partnerships, global functional teams and markets:
- Strong ability to advocate a creative atmosphere, facilitate entrepreneurial meetings, and envision a final product and overall market acceptance early in the design and / or development process.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships with customer organizations, communities of practice and sourcing agencies. Support all areas of the business with finding and assessing talent.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching. Demonstrates servant leadership:
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt and lead change and mentor others in the acceptance and support of change and the ability to formulate questions and ideas.
- Has ability to see and account for the "big picture" as well as the details.
- Presents information on projects, initiatives or other subjects to peers, teams, and executive leadership.
- Participate in RFP activities including sales meetings with prospective clients.
- Responsible for career development, performance management and communication for PMO staff.
- 10+ years of experience in large, technology program and portfolio management
- 5+ years with project delivery methodologies and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, Business, or related field
- Experience leading global technology initiatives/strategic programs
- Experience leading change management initiatives across an organization
- People management experience
- Expert user MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Experience leading business transformations with people, process, and technology changes.
- Experience with Clarizen or similar enterprise PPM tools
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business, or related field
- One or more of the following Project/Program Management certifications (e.g., ACP, AgilePM, PgMP, PMP, PPM, PRINCE2, etc.)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.