Global Organization Design Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our team as an Organization Effectiveness Manager.
Operating more than 39,000 restaurants across 121 markets, aligning our workforce is not an easy feat, but it’s certainly an exciting one. At McDonald’s, we recognize that our talent is our greatest asset-but only when it’s positioned to operate in an environment with clear processes, decision rights, roles, etc.
McDonald’s Organization Effectiveness Team is dedicated to optimizing the way the organization operates in today’s fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment. As leadership shares its vision and strategy, the OE Team is focused on designing creative solutions that enable teams to work together effectively and efficiently across its globalized business model. Our team, in conjunction with our Global People partners, brings the strategy to life through people alignment.
The individual in this position will participate directly in organization design engagements across the globe, help manage frameworks for supervising key organizational metrics, prepare analysis and information for organization design reviews, and develop tailored effectiveness interventions that support team norming.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and/or participate in organization design projects, fostering the development of capabilities, operating models, and structures needed to support the execution of business strategy.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to review current organizational structures and measures; build plans to support vital changes.
- Prepare presentations and other communications materials for an executive level audience.
- Support senior leaders in organizational changes, providing process support and tools that facilitate a proactive development of organizational capabilities.
- Develop and facilitate interventions to support team norming tied to operating model changes recommended.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on trends and innovations in organization design and share with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Organizational Development/Design, Leadership, or related field strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in roles responsible for end to end organizational design projects
- Previous experience in a large consultancy (strategy, organization, or human capital practices) a significant plus.
- Experience operating in large, multi-national corporations in a highly-matrixed, complex structure; retail experience a plus.
- Experience working across many countries and cultures.
- Understands the needs and challenges of global leaders.
Capability and Behavioral Characteristics
- Expert technical knowledge in areas of organization effectiveness, talent management, compensation, change management, and HR processes. Ability to translate business strategies into organizational design challenges and then solutions. Ability to break down silos by creating cross-functional teams to devise comprehensive design solutions that can be more readily embedded into the current environment.
- Ability to facilitate workshops among senior leaders (group size 10-15 or more).
- Ability to write well and communicate effectively across all layers of the organization. Successful track record of working with C-level leaders. Superior interpersonal, facilitation, communication and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver, and partner at the most senior levels in the organization.
- High emotional intelligence and politically adept. High energy with a strong work ethic and eye for business. Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Open to learning new systems and processes.
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools; experience with agile project management practices a plus. Ability to engage senior partners throughout a project lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of organizational finance, specifically workforce costing, annual budgeting and planning processes is a strong plus.
- Experienced and comfortable handing large amounts of critical data. Expert-level skill in working with data via Excel or other systems. Has an analytical attitude. Experience working with numbers and reporting. Experience designing/preparing data for presentation.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.